Course Scheduling Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amazingracer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to take the MCAT in May 2017. I want to finish all my prereqs before Winter 2017 so I can use that semester (plus all of May) to study for MCAT. Here is my proposed schedule (I'm a Spanish major btw and already took Gen Bio, Gen Chem and Calc).

Winter 2016:
Genetics
Physio
Spanish Lit 1
Sociology

Summer 2016:
Physics 1 and 2 (with labs)

Fall 2016:
Stats
Biochem
Biochem Lab
Spanish Lit 2
Psych

Is this a reasonable schedule? I am most worried about genetics and physio being together (we don't have physics 1 in the winter so I need to do it over the summer).

Are genetics/physio good to take together, or are biochem/physio or biochem/genetics better combos?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I want to take the MCAT in May 2017. I want to finish all my prereqs before Winter 2017 so I can use that semester (plus all of May) to study for MCAT. Here is my proposed schedule (I'm a Spanish major btw and already took Gen Bio, Gen Chem and Calc).

Winter 2016:
Genetics
Physio
Spanish Lit 1
Sociology

Summer 2016:
Physics 1 and 2 (with labs)

Fall 2016:
Stats
Biochem
Biochem Lab
Spanish Lit 2
Psych

Is this a reasonable schedule? I am most worried about genetics and physio being together (we don't have physics 1 in the winter so I need to do it over the summer).

Are genetics/physio good to take together, or are biochem/physio or biochem/genetics better combos?

Thanks!

Y not take the MCAT in July 2017?

Members don't see this ad :)
Already did orgo - forgot to mention that- and yes I want to apply on the early side

Your semesters are definitely reasonable. If I were you, I'd take stats or psych over the summer and take physics in fall 2016 and winter 2017. There isn't a ton of physics 2 on the MCAT, so it wouldn't hurt you to take it right before the MCAT. The way you have it is fine, but you might have a happier summer if you don't have to worry about eight credits of physics. :)

Your semesters are definitely reasonable. If I were you, I'd take stats or psych over the summer and take physics in fall 2016 and winter 2017. There isn't a ton of physics 2 on the MCAT, so it wouldn't hurt you to take it right before the MCAT. The way you have it is fine, but you might have a happier summer if you don't have to worry about eight credits of physics. :)
Are physio/genetics a good combo? Is there any overlap between physio, genetics or biochem? Thanks!

Are physio/genetics a good combo? Is there any overlap between physio, genetics or biochem? Thanks!

There won't be much overlap between genetics and physio, but there will be overlap between biochem and either subject. Someone at your school will be able to give you better advice on class combinations than anyone on SDN, but in general, you should not have trouble taking two bio classes at the same time.