Course Repeats >2x

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

latemedgirly

Reaction score
How to do Canadian Med Schools treat more than 2x repeats of a course? I have one I repeated 4x and failed, not due to lack of of ability but more like extenuating circumstances due to which I couldn't take the exam and those excuses not being considered/accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it a pre-req or science coursework?

I don't know about Canadian schools specifically, but maybe worth emailing to confirm. If it's a pre-req that they'll take, you should still probably explain your situation in a secondary or other (non-personal statement) essay - failing a course 4 times is worth an explanation.

You can ask them...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a pre-req or science coursework?

I don't know about Canadian schools specifically, but maybe worth emailing to confirm. If it's a pre-req that they'll take, you should still probably explain your situation in a secondary or other (non-personal statement) essay - failing a course 4 times is worth an explanation.
I have a 4.0 in my second degree. This was my first degree that I neither completed (didn't go past first year) nor transferred credits from to the new institute where I'm doing my second degree. The F had nothing to do with my ability, it was because of various situations due to which I couldn't even sit the finals. My academic consideration department is really anal about medical considerations therefore leading to the Fs but I don't know how to explain that without sounding like an irresponsible and entitled brat!

You can ask them...
I tried. They copy and paste answers from their website and as a Canadian, I don't even know who to go to for the US schools! I am totally on my own there.

I tried. They copy and paste answers from their website and as a Canadian, I don't even know who to go to for the US schools! I am totally on my own there.
The webinar hasn't been held yet.

Canadian schools have a reputation of being heavily stats leaning and love Casper to further weed out students. However if you can't get a straight answer from them at this webinar, would you believe your experience in medical school would be any different? They do not have a reputation or incentive for the same type of holistic review as American schools.

The webinar hasn't been held yet.

Canadian schools have a reputation of being heavily stats leaning and love Casper to further weed out students. However if you can't get a straight answer from them at this webinar, would you believe your experience in medical school would be any different? They do not have a reputation or incentive for the same type of holistic review as American schools.
Do you mind putting a link for the webinar please? The one you've provided seemed to have been held last night!

I do see the link for the recorded meeting. Is there a different one that is yet to take place where I can ask questions?

I do see the link for the recorded meeting. Is there a different one that is yet to take place where I can ask questions?
I think you can only ask questions during the live session today at 6pm ET. I don't know if you can send questions ahead of time. I have yet to look at their YouTube channel to see if they have prior recorded sessions with Canadian medical school admissions staff/leadership.