couples match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there tried to couples match into derm? I am very interested in dermatology and am planning to couples match with someone who wants to do anesthesia. We are both well qualified for our fields, although not absolute superstars or anything. (Me: excellent Step I, honored more than 1/2 of my classes incl 3rd year courses, planning to do research; Him: average step I & 1st/2nd years, excellent peformance during 3rd year). I know the odds are against us. Does anyone have any experience with this? I really want to do derm, but matching apart is not acceptable to me. At this point we both plan to do a prelim year in medicine. If I don't match derm this year, could we reapply next year and I would also apply to medicine in case I don't match derm again? I would appreciate any advice anyone has. I am just trying to figure out how this whole thing works and it is all so daunting...

Members don't see this ad.

lola said:
Has anyone out there tried to couples match into derm? I am very interested in dermatology and am planning to couples match with someone who wants to do anesthesia. We are both well qualified for our fields, although not absolute superstars or anything. (Me: excellent Step I, honored more than 1/2 of my classes incl 3rd year courses, planning to do research; Him: average step I & 1st/2nd years, excellent peformance during 3rd year). I know the odds are against us. Does anyone have any experience with this? I really want to do derm, but matching apart is not acceptable to me. At this point we both plan to do a prelim year in medicine. If I don't match derm this year, could we reapply next year and I would also apply to medicine in case I don't match derm again? I would appreciate any advice anyone has. I am just trying to figure out how this whole thing works and it is all so daunting...
I suggest you check this board as many active applicants post there
http://p220.ezboard.com/bdermatology

lola said:
You wouldn't happen to be at UCI and him at UCLA would you, cause I know a couple like that?