Couples Match MD and PharmD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timbernight

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am an entering MD student and my SO is an entering PharmD student. I know this is a while away, but out of curiosity and for future refernce, is it possible to couples match for residencies together, with one of us a physician and the other a pharmacist?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Thanks,
timbernight

Members don't see this ad.

No. They are completely separate things

Reactions: 2 users
No. Focus on big cities with multiple programs for each. But be prepared to have one person not able to do a residency immediately. That person should naturally be the pharmacist who hopefully can earn a decent salary without a residency in the city where the other partner completes residency. Best to start laying the groundwork for this possibile outcome NOW. If you find out that your partner wants to do the pharm residency above all else or would expect you to sacrifice an MD residency for a pharm residency, best to flush this kind of magical thinking out NOW. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No. Focus on big cities with multiple programs for each. But be prepared to have one person not able to do a residency immediately. That person should naturally be the pharmacist who hopefully can earn a decent salary without a residency in the city where the other partner completes residency. Best to start laying the groundwork for this possibile outcome NOW. If you find out that your partner wants to do the pharm residency above all else or would expect you to sacrifice an MD residency for a pharm residency, best to flush this kind of magical thinking out NOW. Ask me how I know.
How do you know?

Reactions: 4 users
I'm betting atomi flushed his pharmD partner down the toilet over this issue.

As an aside: weren't you banned a while back or am I thinking of someone else?

I'm betting atomi flushed his pharmD partner down the toilet over this issue.

As an aside: weren't you banned a while back or am I thinking of someone else?
I get you an atomi mixed up a lot.

lol really? That's a first.
Both have no profile pic

Both physicans

Both are straight shooters but i kinda noticed a difference with Atomi. He was a bit more "hyperbolic"