Couples Match--How many programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrincetonRocks

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing the couples match? My finance is doing ortho. Curious if anyone if any couple has been successful with this combination?

Thanks. Best of luck to all the derm applicants. I look forward to meeting you guys on the interview trial...just look for the small Asian girl.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone doing the couples match? My finance is doing ortho. Curious if anyone if any couple has been successful with this combination?

Thanks. Best of luck to all the derm applicants. I look forward to meeting you guys on the interview trial...just look for the small Asian girl.

Good luck with that one you'll need it.

It seems like every year in my school someone tries this...and they are usually successful. (Derm-ENT, Derm-Ortho, Derm-Ophtho...) The question is, are both candidates competitive equally, or will one drag the couple down. I would apply to nearly all programs ~100 if I were in your shoes. Be prepared to cancel interviews that you wanted when your SO doesn't get an invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope things will work out for us...I guess i can also do the "stay at home wife" if he promises to do a fellowship in hand or spine right? :idea:

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope things will work out for us...I guess i can also do the "stay at home wife" if he promises to do a fellowship in hand or spine right? :idea:

If you worked hard enough for four years to make yourself competitive for dermatology, then you really need to pursue that wholeheartedly. I hope the stay at home wife quote was a joke. You've worked way too hard to stop now. Just my 2 cents.

If you guys are ambitious enough to apply to 2 tough fields I have no doubt that you guys are competitive. A pair of friends of mine actually matched for ENT-Derm combo. Good luck to y'all.