Countdown to Match Day!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rstonk

MS-4
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that ophtho interviews are finishing up, I know we're all looking forward to January 12.

27 days left! :luck:

Lisa27.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Indeed. I just wanted to say it was nice meeting you all at the interviews. Didn't once run into a 'bad apple' applicant. I'm excited to be going into such a great field with great people. Good luck to everyone in the match and on landing the residency of your dreams.

Indeed. I just wanted to say it was nice meeting you all at the interviews. Didn't once run into a 'bad apple' applicant. I'm excited to be going into such a great field with great people. Good luck to everyone in the match and on landing the residency of your dreams.

I totally agree. I look forward to seeing you all again in the future at conferences, meetings and the like.

26 days!

party-gummy-bear-26-pounds.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what day we will found out the match results? It seems that on the SF match site it could be either Thurs. Jan 12 or Fri. Jan 13, depending on whether the program contacts us on the 12th.

Does anyone know what day we will found out the match results? It seems that on the SF match site it could be either Thurs. Jan 12 or Fri. Jan 13, depending on whether the program contacts us on the 12th.
Depends how your medical school handles it. On the 12th, the programs and your Dean's office will know. Your school might tell you that morning and have a mini-match day ceremony thing. If not, then you gotta wait for a phone call or log in to SF match's site the next day. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends how your medical school handles it. On the 12th, the programs and your Dean's office will know. Your school might tell you that morning and have a mini-match day ceremony thing. If not, then you gotta wait for a phone call or log in to SF match's site the next day. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
This is what I've heard.

But also I've been told that on the 11th you'll get an email saying yes you matched or no you did not match...is that correct?

I've heard that too, but I'm not entirely sure if it's true. Sounds like a lot of people hear from the programs before they hear from the schools.

This is what I've heard.

But also I've been told that on the 11th you'll get an email saying yes you matched or no you did not match...is that correct?
We didn't get an email or anything telling us whether or not we matched before match day last year.

I don't know about last year, but in 2009 there was an email sent out the night before that looked like this:

SFMatchID# ****

Dear ***************,

We are pleased to announce that you matched to a program in this years Ophthalmology Residency Match. You can call your Deans office or wait for the Program to contact you to find out where you matched.

Thank you,

San Francisco Matching Program Staff

Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats the last day you can submit your rank list through the SF Match website?

Here's what SF Match said when I emailed them today:

You will receive an email early in the morning on the 12th telling you whether you matched or not. At 8:00 AM (PST) on January 13, you will be able to view your results online when you login.

Thank you,

Staff
San Francisco Match
655 Beach Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
415-447-0350
415-561-8535 (fax)

You will receive an email early in the morning on the 12th telling you whether you matched or not. At 8:00 AM (PST) on January 13, you will be able to view your results online when you login.

Thank you,

Staff
San Francisco Match
655 Beach Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
415-447-0350
415-561-8535 (fax)
Haha, that would be some prank if that message was made up and none of us hear any word on the morning of the 12th.

Haha, that would be some prank if that message was made up and none of us hear any word on the morning of the 12th.

Haha wow...I would never do that! I can't speak for sfmatch's help people...

What I heard from my Dean's Office:
Jan 12, 4AM PST: Email is sent out to applicants telling you whether you matched.
Jan 12, 8AM PST: Email is sent out to Dean's Offices with results of match. Depending on how your school handles it, these results are typically shared with you.
Jan 13, 8AM PST: Match results posted on SF Match website.

What I heard from my Dean's Office:
Jan 12, 4AM PST: Email is sent out to applicants telling you whether you matched.
Jan 12, 8AM PST: Email is sent out to Dean's Offices with results of match. Depending on how your school handles it, these results are typically shared with you.
Jan 13, 8AM PST: Match results posted on SF Match website.
Stupid time zone difference on east coast :(

Could have sworn that the day 20 picture would have been something related to 20/20 ..

bo-derek-10.jpg

I like this one better...

@The Doctor, I would have expected someone with your avatar to go with this one for today:

star-trek-voyager-seven-of-nine_480_poster.jpg

@The Doctor, I would have expected someone with your avatar to go with this one for today:

Nice! Except I couldn't bear to put her up after she passed over my advances in favor of Chakotay late in season 7 of ST:Voy; still haven't quite gotten over that.