Could someone help me diagnos my sister in law?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

senseless

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an american living in the philippines. We've tried to go to the hospital and find a doctor on 2 different occasions now. We've received absolutely no help, in order to get her any help at all, I had to throw a fit in the lobby and start yelling.

Finally I got someone in the ER to take a look at her. They ordered a complete blood count which we were supposed to take to the dermatologist (right now we're thinking allergic reaction.). We attempted to take the results to the doctor again on the second day (yesterday). and AGAIN none of their 3 dermatologists were in the building during their posted business hours.

I've been looking over the results of the blood test and doing some internet searching and had some concerns. If someone could give me any useful help/information in figuring out what is wrong with her it would be greatly appreciated.

She is originally from Manila and has never been to cebu before. (Cebu is a different island about 300 miles south of manila) She came to visit us about 2 weeks ago with her mother. Her mother and her stayed in a hotel for a few days and her mother needed to return to manila. The sister (girl with the problems) decided to stay with us for a couple extra weeks.

Everything was fine for the first few days. About 4 days after she started living in our house she started having rashes (photos attached) or skin lesions or something. She has had no history of allergies in her history or her families history. About 2-3 days later (start of this week) we went to the hospital for our first visit. I went over this above, where I had to make a scene just to get someone to look at her. The ordered a blood test...

Blood test results:
Test Name | Result | Units | Normal

Hemoglobin result 11.3 g/l (lists "normal" as 12.3-15.3)
Hematocrit result 32.2 % (lists "normal" as 35.9-44.6)

White blood cells result 6.45 10^3/uL (normal as 4.4-11.0)
segmenters result 63 % (normal as 40-70)
basophils result 0 % (normal as 0-1)
eosinophils resut 6 % (normal 0-5)
Lymphocytes result 27 % (normal 20-40)
Monocytes result 3 % (normal 0-8)
Bands result 1 % (no "normal" reading listed)

Red Blood Cells result 4.0 10^6/uL (normal 4.5-5.10)
Mean corpuscular vol result 80.1 fL (normal 80-96)
Mean corpuscular Hgb result 28.1 pg (normal 27.5-33.2)
Mean corps hgb conc. result 35 g/L (normal 33.4-35.5)
Mean platelet vol result 6.48 fL (normal 5.90 - 9.90)
RDW-CV result 14.9 % (normal 14-18)
platelets result 321 10^3/uL (normal 140-440)

At first we thought she was having an allergy to my cats, but what I don't understand is why the skin rashes/bumps (they're like little bump, reminds me of the chicken pox) started on her stomach/back/legs. If it was an allergy to my cats, wouldn't the skin problems start on areas that would be most exposed? Such as her arms/hands/ankles/lower legs?

After reading on the internet about the results of the blood test, and got concerned because one of the diseases that registers low hemoglobin/hematocrit and higher eosinophils was lupus, and anemia. Since I cant get to a doctor until monday (if they're even in their office) any help would be appreciated.

Is there anything I should look out for in terms of worsening conditions? The bumps started off as little red bumps. Now they're starting to dry up (we've been using calamine lotion), and look like the pictures I've attached.

thank you in advance.

PICTURES------------------------------------------------------------

sis1.jpg
sis2.jpg

Members don't see this ad.