Correlation between IR and gaming?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qxrt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Both IR and DR are often described as similar to playing video games. I'm a pretty heavy gamer myself (along the lines of action games such as Overwatch), and I feel that it has helped me quite a bit in being able to quickly notice tiny details on the screen and react appropriately to them, not just in IR, but throughout my DR residency as well. But I don't know if this can be generalized or if it's just me. I feel that being skilled at video games has to have some correlation with being good at IR/DR, and I find it hard to imagine someone who is bad at video games (not someone who has no interest in games, but someone who is actually bad at games) could be great at the technical skills required in IR, but at this point it's all conjecture.

So...how many of you guys in or going into IR are gamers? Frankly, I feel as if the higher up in training I go, the proportion of gamers among my co-trainees steadily decreases. I imagine the type of game makes a big difference too (i.e. I don't know if games like, say, Angry Birds, are going to relate to translatable skills in IR).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the best racing game between Xbox and PS4?

WOW. No wonder I'm drawn to rads! :banana: Makes perfect sense, though.

Reactions: 1 users