Coronavirus (COVID-19) High Yield Video

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thumbz

Crazy Canuck
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lordy it's been a long time since I started a thread. A lot of my med students and residents have been asking about coronavirus and this came across my Facebook, and I found the youtube link. It's 3 minutes but hits a bunch of the high yield statistics for those of us who don't want to read NEJM and the CDC. Not sure if anyone will find it useful, it's a little more lay person focused than I usually refer to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty sure the NEJM article i read said a typical flu has a fatality rate of about .02% and a severe flu strain about .1%. Everything else hes saying seems accurate and good info. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lordy it's been a long time since I started a thread. A lot of my med students and residents have been asking about coronavirus and this came across my Facebook, and I found the youtube link. It's 3 minutes but hits a bunch of the high yield statistics for those of us who don't want to read NEJM and the CDC. Not sure if anyone will find it useful, it's a little more lay person focused than I usually refer to.

My man Dr. Dietrich representing the Billings Clinic IM program. Incredibly nice guy.

High yield for USMLE and COMLEX

This raises an important question. For my residents who take the ABIM exam, they can't test on info that is less than 3 years old (that's the legend anyways). Is this not true for the USMLE/COMLEX? I want to make sure I don't lead some poor med students astray.

This raises an important question. For my residents who take the ABIM exam, they can't test on info that is less than 3 years old (that's the legend anyways). Is this not true for the USMLE/COMLEX? I want to make sure I don't lead some poor med students astray.
From what I've heard it is fair game and can be tested. Same thing happened with Ebola.

Edit: I have already seen it appear in a third party step 1 self assessment exam.

From what I've heard it is fair game and can be tested. Same thing happened with Ebola.

Edit: I have already seen it appear in a third party step 1 self assessment exam.
I don't know about NMBE, but there's no way COMLEX is going to have items about this before 2022.

Reactions: 1 users