cornell dean's certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banditalfi

Cornell 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

i was looking over cornell's applications procedures and it says that the dean's certification and residency forms are "optional" (that is, the dean's certification is only required if you decide to attend cornell, and only a select few have to complete the residency form and those who do are decided at random). anyway, on my tracking page they don't have "optional" written next to them like the prereq substitution form.

does anyone have any insight?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm pretty sure the residency form was due by November 1st, while the Dean's certification is due by the time you accept their offer of admittance. Hope this helps!

this is what it says on this website: https://www.vet.cornell.edu/admissions/application/AppInstructions.pdf

• Dean’s Certification Form (optional). All admitted students will be required to submit a Dean’s Certification. Since it can take some time for you to receive this form back from your school officials,
you may wish to begin the process before you are selected.
• Residency Worksheet (optional). We will randomly select NY and NH residents (only) to submit this form as verification of State residency.

but it's just seems weird because neither say optional on the tracking page...

Members don't see this ad :)
There are also spots on the tracking page for AP scores, which aren't required. I wouldn't worry about it.

I called and asked about this awhile ago and they said it is definitely optional, BUT if you are accepted and enroll you will need this, so it just helps move the process along. But there's no penalty for not doing it now, of course!