Cornell Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesonofdarwin

UPenn 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having their Biochemistry class not show up as approved under their track page? I emailed them over a week ago and... no response.

Seems the requirements are:
"This course (which can also be offered under the title of physiological chemistry or biological chemistry) should be taken at the upper-division level with the prerequisite of organic chemistry. Major topics usually covered in a course in biochemistry are: proteins (amino acids and protein analysis), enzymes (kinetics, mechanism of action, and coenzymes), nucleic acids (nucleosides, nucleotides, and polynucleotides), carbohydrates, lipids, and metabolism (glycolysis, citric acid cycle, oxidative phosphorylation, urea cycle, etc.), and biosynthesis. A laboratory is not required with this lecture course. Most colleges teach a complete course in biochemistry in one semester. If you attend a college where biochemistry is offered as a full-year course, you should take the complete course, and your extra credits will be noted for the bonus for quality of academic program. Full academic year preferred. (Minimum credits: 4 semester credits; 6 quarter credits)."

4 Credits (full program) - Check
Organic Prereq - Check
Lab (not req) - Check
Upper-level - Check (Chem 444)

I'm not seeing the issue here, and since they aren't responding to me I wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue.

They received my transcript 10/3 and approved every other prereq 10/23 :confused:

Edit: Here's the course description for my class -
BIOCHEMISTRY
Emphasis is given to the metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids, proteins, and nucleic
acids; integration of metabolism; and biochemical control mechanisms, including allosteric
control, induction, repression, signal transduction as well as the various types of inhibitive
control mechanisms. Three hours of lecture, one three-hour laboratory and one hour of
arranged work per week. Prerequisite: CHEM 221, or consent of instructor. Cross-listed as
CHEM 444. Alternate years.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine does not seem to be accepted either.

All of my pre-reqs are showing as verified. Sorry that this is not much help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like your class should be fine though. Probably just a mistake or they haven't gotten to this on your tracking page yet.

i had that same issue with an English not being verified, so i called and left a message for the director of admissions (jennifer mailey) and about 2 days later i received an email from her saying my tracking page had been updated. i think they're just having problems because it doesn't have two of my three experience letters checked off but one was a reuse from last year (and the third one that is checked off was a reuse as well) and the other was with my VMCAS, which they have listed as verified. well, i hope that's the case anyway, or else it looks like my app is all messed up!:)