Cork Acceptance Offers Out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UCC has made offers :). Good luck all.

Members don't see this ad.

They sure have. Anyone planning on going? I think it would be pretty awesome to start getting in touch and discussing it.

-J

Now that I'm finishing my first year at UCC, i confess to browsing around this time of year on SDN to catch the excitement of people receiving offers. Even though I'm already doing it (and have a big exam on Tuesday), I'm still living vicariously and feel almost nervous reading the posts as people ride this big roller coaster.

Good luck all. (UCC's great, BTW.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Heya Unch,

Are you an international student? If so, where from? I've got the opportunity to go to UCC for 2006 (I'm from Canada), so I'd like to hear your opinions on things like accomodation in first year etc...

Cheers.

-J

Congrats. In my opinion, you won't go wrong with UCC. Yes, I'm from BC (one of 17 Canadians in my class). Feel free to PM me with specific questions.

As for accomm, it really depends on your style. There's good, new, clean housing in student residences near campus but also many good options in Cork city and environs if you're into the more self-styled thing. Many have found great shared houses near campus. All in all, better and cheaper options than Dublin, I think (though not cheap by Canadian standards).

Hi, I just got accepted to UCC too! Does anyone know if UCD or Trinity sent out invitations yet? I didn't hear anything from them. It's kind of hard to make a decision when I don't know my choices yet..

By the way, as this is my first post to this forum, I think I should introduce myself.. I'm from Vancouver BC - graduated from UBC Computer Science in May 2005. It's going to be a big move for me going to Ireland (no matter if it's Dublin or Cork), since I was born and raised in BC. It's nice to know that there are a lot of active friendly students on this forum.. Hope to get more advice from some of you as the questions come to mind. Thanks!

Hey ruffryder,

I'm from Vancouver too, graduated in 2005. I got the UCC letter last week myself. Good to hear there are alot of BC people out there heading to Ireland. If you think you're gonna accept we should keep in touch.

Oh, and UCD has sent out acceptances, but I don't think Trinity has yet.

Take it easy,

-J

Hey Ruffryder, CONGRATS!! I got my UCD acceptance at the beginning of March and have still heard nothing from UCC or Trinity. I had to give a deposit to UCD so even if i were to be accepted anywhere else Id have to say no. On that note, does anyone know how the Irish schools pic NA students?? It would be useless for them to each make an offer to the same student. Has anyone ever been accepted to 2 school through the atlantic bridge program?? Also, im Canadian as well........from montreal. Do any of u have other options beside Ireland...that is, IN canada??

Slam Master J: it's good to know someone from Van is taking the same trek as me. Are we the only ones from Vancouver so far? Did you accept the UCC offer already?

Jamesmtl: I never heard of anyone with 2 offers yet either.. And when the offer comes, they give you so little time to decide!

Slam master J and ruffryder... another vancouverite here. Not going for UCC though, more into the dublin schools.

I would be really interested to hear if anyone has recieved more than one acceptance via Atlantic Bridge. They say it's entirely possible, but I've never heard of anyone doing it.

UCD and UCC acceptances here.

Congrats! I didn't believe it could be done. Thats awesome, which way are you leaning?

Hey guys

Im a UK BSc Graduate, ive applied to UCC. But looks like offers are out --or is is only US relevant to US Students at the moment./?

Hey fuzpot....if you're a UK or EU resident i think the procedure for application and notification of admissions is different/independent of that for North American applicants. From reading the posts ive seen many NA applicants get their acceptance letters but none from the UK.

Yeah thanks!

Looks like it.

fuzpot said:
Hey guys

Im a UK BSc Graduate, ive applied to UCC. But looks like offers are out --or is is only US relevant to US Students at the moment./?

UK students are treated exactly the same as Irish students due to EU law. you'll be waiting until the publication of the LC results before you find out probably (that's sometime in August). Only international students (maybe just AB?) get their offers now.