coolest surgical caps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to make sure/confirm that since it is frowned upon for interns to wear custom scrub caps that it is absolutely out of the question for med students to wear them too?

YMMV but yes, usually.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean, if you REALLY want to get your hair down to a manageable level, you could rock this out from the old school...But I'd rather just deal with the Boufant...

flowbee.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread cracks me up. All I can say is, based on my experience in Canada, people wear all sorts of things, men and women, bouffant and tie cap. Students, interns, etc can wear what they like (including cloth ones) and no one will probably think twice.

Do you guys have these things called "OR Hoods"? They are the most ridiculous things ever, they are like a hood from a hoodie that ties under your chin and covers up your beard if you have one. One day, the fellow and I thought we would have a good laugh so we both came in with them on. The attending thought it was pretty funny and I couldn't look at the fellow without snickering.

Hood-Caps_250x250.jpg

Our hospital decided that the paper caps don't cover enough hair in those who wear them, so they stopped providing them

Yes - all we have is the bouffant caps, unless you provide your own.

At least we all look ridiculous together.

I use the greenscrubs.com's super tie cap - it's like a regular cap but has extra room in the back to hide the large ponytail. My hair is long and fine and just falls out from under the bouffant. I've been wearing these since i was an R2. Time to order some more though - i'm getting bored with my current ones.