"Content only" day followed by "Passage only" day???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn2314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll, I am almost done with week 3 of sn2ed and feeling a little frustrated. I'm mainly feeling like I'm not making any progress, and I was wanting to know if adding this variation might help:

So my main problem is I spend countless hours trying to get the content review down, but on that same day it says to do the passages...well 2 problems with this. The first is that it makes me feel rushed to get through mastering the concepts in order to have time to also complete the passages. The second is that by the time I get to doing the passages, my brain is already completely fried from spending 5 or 6 hours trying to relearn/remaster a concept (this particularly for physics and gen chem).

I decided that it might be a better idea to dedicate one day to content only, maybe even covering 2 chapters worth of content (for instance, today just mastering Work/Energy/Torque/Momentum problems/concepts) and then the next day, just dedicating the entire day of doing passages over the topics covered on the previous day. I really feel like this would be a better idea, but would like to know if this actually would be? Words of wisdom are much appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Correcting the passages the day after I took them is what I found to be the most beneficial. I would spend a day going over the passages from the previous day versus content/reading.

Reactions: 1 user
Correcting the passages the day after I took them is what I found to be the most beneficial. I would spend a day going over the passages from the previous day versus content/reading.

I agree that reviewing the passages is the most helpful, but my reasoning was that it only takes 70-80 minutes to do 10 or 11 passages. So I was gonna dedicate the remaining 5-7 hours to in depth reviewing the answers of each passage.

in my opinion, no one knows better than yourself. It's good to ask others for their opinion but at the end of the day do what works for you!

Why don't you try this for a few days and see how it goes?

To me it sounds like a great idea actually. I'm also doing a very modified version of SN2ed /, partly because of the points you raised

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. You need to just do what works for you.
For me I am just doing practice for pretty much all of orgo, physics, and gen chem. I try to do my content review while Im doing practice passages. Meaning I will go back into the content only if i really dont understand how to do a problem. This is mainly because I already have a pretty good handle on the formulas and main ideas for these topics.

But for bio im doing the complete opposite. Im drilling in the content and then going to go through all my passages.