Contemplating ORTHO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teethmagnet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i have just been accepted to NYU dental school, class of 2014, and as of now i am contemplating the ortho profession. I wanted to know if you really have to be NUMBER ONE in your class? Also, any tips that you can give me going into dental school-regarding the orthodontics career path?

also, which do you recc is a better dental school--NYU or UMDNJ, for both general dentistry and the future idea of speacilizing to become an orthoD.

thankss guys

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys,
i have just been accepted to NYU dental school, class of 2014, and as of now i am contemplating the ortho profession. I wanted to know if you really have to be NUMBER ONE in your class? Also, any tips that you can give me going into dental school-regarding the orthodontics career path?

also, which do you recc is a better dental school--NYU or UMDNJ, for both general dentistry and the future idea of speacilizing to become an orthoD.

thankss guys

you know yourself even before you ask the question that the answer is NO. if you had to be #1 then there would only be like 52 people getting into ortho every year, but as you may or may not know in actuality ~ 280 people enter ortho residency each year. just do as well as you possibly can and try to be well-rounded. hopefully, you have a pretty good personality to begin with, too.

i would think nyu and umdnj would be similar in preparing you. best of luck :thumbup: