Consulting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRIR4LIFE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a match fourth year who is interested in pursing a part time research consulting job with Industry during my residency, does anyone have any advice if this is allowed by residency programs? The time commitment is very small so I am not worried about that.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to be asking your program director. Don't do anything that would ever jeopardize your relationship with your program director. Not that they would, but they could ruin your life if you get them angry.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I am a match fourth year who is interested in pursing a part time research consulting job with Industry during my residency, does anyone have any advice if this is allowed by residency programs? The time commitment is very small so I am not worried about that.
Presumably this would be treated just like any other type of moonlighting. It would need to be approved by your program director and any working would count towards your 80 hr/week maximum.

I can't imagine any program director that would allow anyone to pursue additional responsibilities as an intern, but it may very well be possible as a pgy 2+ depending on the program.

Regardless, your own PD after you match would be the one to ask. Going behind their back would be a fools game.

Reactions: 3 users