Congratulations to President Obama!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsKrispyKreme

The "Hot" sign is on...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:hungover:

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't support Obama because of some of his political and economic positions. However, I'm hoping this election will bring racial unity like has never been seen before anywhere on the planet and a universal pride in citizenship that is only seen during times of disaster. If that happens i'll have no regrets about the outcome of this election. Congratulations to all, at the very least the beautiful spirit of America and Americans has been brought to light. I hope Obama is as great for the country as his supporters believe he will be.

Last edited:
You have every right to support the candidate that best matches up to your personal beliefs. I am neither Democrat nor Republican so I thought long and hard before I made my decision. :thumbup:

Obama won't be a perfect president. He will make many mistakes (because he is human), but I firmly believe that the world will be a much better place in 4 or 8 years than the undeniable crap that the Bush/Cheney/Rove triumvirate has left us with. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopes you can believe in. Yes We Can.

I am very very excited. Honestly, I would have been excited if it was Hilary too, but seeing the First Family walk onto the stage, and realizing that they looked like me was something that I can't really express in words. I always grew up in a family that encouraged me to do well in school, and that told me that I could achieve whatever I put my mind too. But in the back of my mind, and in the back of the minds of many minorities I think there was still that stigma that there really was some stuff that we just couldn't do. Last night all those hidden feelings came to front and I realized that everything really was possible. More than that I was very proud to be an American. I think this was a good first step for America and I can't wait to see what else is coming.

Honestly, I think Obama is getting the presidency while america is truly at its lowest point. I just truly hope that everyone can just lay aside their partisan politics and help each other to bring us out of this ditch. I know he will make mistakes but if the republicans could stick by G.W. after 8 years of mistakes, I can stick by him for a little while as he trys to iron things out.

Oh yes:
omama.jpg

I'm glad to see everyone in this thread is in good spirits :)
I am very very excited. Honestly, I would have been excited if it was Hilary too, but seeing the First Family walk onto the stage, and realizing that they looked like me was something that I can't really express in words. I always grew up in a family that encouraged me to do well in school, and that told me that I could achieve whatever I put my mind too. But in the back of my mind, and in the back of the minds of many minorities I think there was still that stigma that there really was some stuff that we just couldn't do. Last night all those hidden feelings came to front and I realized that everything really was possible. More than that I was very proud to be an American. I think this was a good first step for America and I can't wait to see what else is coming.

And, I really hope that feelings you have expressed permeate the rest of the minority populations and become ubiquitous. The sooner we all begin to understand that we have progressed to the point that race ISN'T an issue for the vast majority of people and that first and foremost we all ARE Americans the better. Like I said, even if this presidency flops in every other way, if it happens to inspire ubiquitous American pride and racial unity then it will all be worth it. More than anything I want to live in a fully united country.
:thumbup:

I'm glad to see everyone in this thread is in good spirits :)

And, I really hope that feelings you have expressed permeate the rest of the minority populations and become ubiquitous. The sooner we all begin to understand that we have progressed to the point that race ISN'T an issue for the vast majority of people and that first and foremost we all ARE Americans the better. Like I said, even if this presidency flops in every other way, if it happens to inspire ubiquitous American pride and racial unity then it will all be worth it. More than anything I want to live in a fully united country.
:thumbup:
Yes we can! feels great to have Obama as my president.

HAHA mskrispykreme i'm in love with you =)