confusion about leftover CCS orders?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramzax

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took day 2 today. Was confused about how some cases abruptly ended. On the leftover cases some of the crucial consults, procedures remained on the list of orders. I would have thought they would have been removed since they were crucial for the treatment plan. Did you guys end up having to discontinue them in the last two minutes as well?

unrelated: I also never had a chance to enter in the diagnosis, which seems to be a thing people used to do (but knowingly didn't care about?). I noticed the FRED software doesn't prompt for a dx but the USMLE software does. Also confusing.

Hope I passed.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a similar thing happen, the case ended before I confirmed with imaging. Perhaps they were the cases where empiric treatment should begin before confirming diagnosis? I don't know, I feel pretty demoralized about CCS experience.

You mean you ordered procedures it thu didn't happen yet, and the case ends? Was the diagnosis already confirmed?

So I learned more about what happened. Apparently if you let the timer run out for the last two minutes it doesn't ask you for the diagnosis. I've been told that the actual diagnosis doesn't count for anything so it's no big deal.