Confused on Examkrackers strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZFutureDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the verbal strategy book, does anyone know what they mean when they say if going over the questions and answers from your last practice test takes less than 30 minutes you missed a lot? I'm talking about lesson four when they discuss how to improve the verbal score. If I had tons of money, I would just pay them to understand by getting the errata subscription, but I don't.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah EK says you should spend twice the time you're taking the exams going over the questions. Personally I can't figure out how anybody spends that much time on them. I review questions, look at the answer choices, see "oh yeah thats why I got that question wrong" and then move on. What else can you do?

i think what they also want you to do is look at the wrong answers and see why they are wrong as well. like i definitely agree with the OP; i would just look at the answers and be like "oh, that makes sense" and move on. but it makes sense to try and figure out why other answer choices are wrong because that you can also use that as a strategy

I think they mean exactly what requeim is saying..."what they also want you to do is look at the wrong answers and see why they are wrong as well..."

I think its a good strategy....Though one problem that arises is that sometimes you come across explanations that you would question...They seem to be based on an assumption that according to the EK people is the best made on the basis of the passage....

I just gave an 85 minute exam (Test 7) from the 101 passages book from EK and was reviewing it....I got a raw score of 46/60 and was looking at some of the questions that I answered incorrectly....and now I realize that some of the things the EK book explains in the end might be out of line...

But again...who knows...All in all the strategy to review with some patience is a good one...stick to it even if it bugs you...

Cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you score the EK tests. How do we get a raw score out of 60 when the current tests are out of 40 questions?

I would just make your own out of 7 and use a percentage of correct to compare to a scale for 60. Should both be equal

well what they might mean is that you could think back to when you were taking the test and realize why you got the questions wrong. was it your approach, did you not use the passage etc. doing it this way, it usually takes me 45 per section. basically redoing all the questions.

alexinorbit, the new scale for EK 101 is on the EK website now...you can go on there and just look around...general "rule" is 31-32/40 will get you a 10...however, miss 1-3 questions and you are pretty much down 1 scaled point for every wrong answer, then every 2 questions is another point...that's how the EK scale works anyways, the real test could be totally different...