Conduct Violation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishy19_

Reaction score
Hey I am looking to get some advice on the situation I find myself in which is a bit weird as I did not realize this could happen. My freshmen year of college I had noise complaint and technically a covid-19 policy violation which resulted in the lowest level of disciplinary action from my unversity. They said that it is below the threshold for unreportable and will not be given to any schools that I apply to. Thats why i marked 'no' on the AADSAS application if I had ever had any action against me. However, after my interview at rutgers one of the deans made it a point to say that regardless of if a university says they will not report it, that they are able to get access to it and will rescind admission based on this. I am scared because they do not do their background checks until well after you have put desposits down. So if I was to be rejected based on this I would be throwing aside the entire application cycle. I feel like if my university says its unreportable then there would be no way for the dental school to find out but is there something I am missing?

Please provide some insight as I am begining to freak out. It was an extremely stupid thing to be penalized for as my unversity had conflicting policies for covid. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have this in writing from the Conduct Office? Yes, that is why we always tell people it's better to disclose than not. Every prehealth advisor advises this. What did your prehealth advisor tell you?

Now I'm not sure about the contention that a medical school can compel another university to disclose all institutional actions even if they are considered trivial. If a Student Conduct office has a policy on reporting, they have to adhere to it.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have this in writing from the Conduct Office? Yes, that is why we always tell people it's better to disclose than not. Every prehealth advisor advises this. What did your prehealth advisor tell you?

Now I'm not sure about the contention that a medical school can compel another university to disclose all institutional actions even if they are considered trivial. If a Student Conduct office has a policy on reporting, they have to adhere to it.
This is fantastic advice, and I completely agree. If you haven't already, make sure to reach out to your prehealth advisor as soon as possible and get their input. If you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed, know that addressing the situation promptly and obtaining answers will help.

Wishing you the best
Nancy

Reactions: 1 user