compressor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oletyrags

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i wanted to know if anyone is planning to sell compressor.I am preparing for california bench test.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I am also looking for a compressor, but do you have any idea what to add on after we have a compressor?

maybe we can work something out to buy a compressor together....to get some better deal

hi i guess will get it along with the attachment that are required if not will have to buy the adaptor separately.new one costs 950$.i am looking if i can buy it from someone who has finished the parts .bye

Members don't see this ad :)
dear friend,
I have got my components and made up a fully functional practice unit with nothing like that enormous price you posted

hi it would be helpful if u could tell me know from where u got those things.i am still looking for it.
thank you

Hi..

I'm looking as well for a compressor....the thing is..i found one today...at a store...but i didn't buy it cuz i have no clue how to use it..or what to attach to it?? any suggesstions?
please email me..at [email protected]

Hi
I am trying to prepare for the clinical skills test. Can you please tell me how one can make one's own practising set?
And, if possible, how to do it withut spending too much?

You can please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
Dileep Danivas.

hi, can you tell us more about your compressor? Thanks

Originally posted by organic
Hi I am also looking for a compressor, but do you have any idea what to add on after we have a compressor?

maybe we can work something out to buy a compressor together....to get some better deal

I gotta tell you all that we just bought a compressor at Home Depot. It is noisy and we irritate the neighbors, but it was cheap. I think we spent about $175. Generally, the more you spend the quieter the compressor. You can spend about $900 at a dental supply company for a fairly quiet compressor, but the handpiece responds the same with either compressor. Who knows, perhaps you can learn to concentrate better with the cacophony of a screaming compressor ringing in your ears.

Scott

I've seen a Coleman compressor being used by a handyman, and it wasn't really noisy. The thing is, it needs oil to run. The oil will eventually leak out of the compressor and into the air line and then to the rubber o-rings of your handpiece That will ruin the bearings.

There are some attachments like filters and driers to help keep the air, oil and rust out of the air line, but I am not sure which ones are needed and how they work.

The better compressor to use is the oil-less kind IMO. However, they could be very noisy and don't last as long as the oiled kind.
Belt driven compressors are quiet, but are hard to find.

The high speed handpiece takes up a lot of air, and you should get a compressor with a high cfm rating. Cfm is the rate of air flow at a given pressure. The higher the cfm rating, the better for you.

If you have to settle for a noisy compressor, get one with a large horsepower capacity. Although it might sound like a Harley Davidson without the mufflers, it would take only a few seconds to fill up the air tank. Then you can whizz your handpiece for a few minutes before the compressor starts roaring again.

Ivorinedust

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apolonia, relieve me of my toothache!

Thank u guys so much.....its a really good thread for people like me who are so confused regarding what kind of compressor to buy.....will try looking for a compressor now with these criteria in mind.Thanks again:)

Originally posted by ivorinedust
..... Although it might sound like a Harley Davidson without the mufflers, ....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hi all,

i am just writing again bec u guys started a new thread regarding a compressor.my frnd has one compressor which she wants to sell now, for 200, its a craftsman compressor with all attachments like foot pedal.
noisy but oil free.

pm me if u guys r interested so tht i can give u the contact no.
its in a very good condition, u can see for u r self if u r in bay area.

bye

hi can anyone tell me if the handpiece which we used in india can be fitted with the compressor here or should i get a new handpiuece?

Originally posted by green emerald
hi can anyone tell me if the handpiece which we used in india can be fitted with the compressor here or should i get a new handpiuece?

In case it doesn?t fit, it will be cheaper if just buy an adaptator. You that piece that you attach one end to the handpiece and the other end to the actual hose. But you?ll need to know what kind of connection you?ll be using, before you know what type of adaptator you?ll need. Just an idea!!!

thanks meggs i really need cheaper ideas i cant afford to spend a lot:hardy:

In case you're asking about it for school. It will be better if you wait until schools starts, 'cause most schools will direct you to which one you need.

hi green emerald

i think meggs is right if its for school u can wait but if u want to practice then u shud look inot the connection which u r compressor sometimes they have 4 or 5 holes too, so go acc . some of my frnds have used their indian hand peieces too, but i donthink it works for school.