complex division in the chem section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

futrdentist

How hard does the math get on the chem section for the real thing? Some practice tests let me answer in format as if I were going to work it out, and some actually require me to work out the long division, which is more time consuming than anything. The book ADA puts out has most answers lined up as if you were going to divide them out. Is that like the real thing? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

futrdentist said:
How hard does the math get on the chem section for the real thing? Some practice tests let me answer in format as if I were going to work it out, and some actually require me to work out the long division, which is more time consuming than anything. The book ADA puts out has most answers lined up as if you were going to divide them out. Is that like the real thing? Thanks!
I think the answers are in a format as if u were going to work it out... Not to sure, havent taken the DAT. But i remember a thread like this a while back

futrdentist said:
The book ADA puts out has most answers lined up as if you were going to divide them out. Is that like the real thing? Thanks!

Yeah, the DAT won't ask you to work out the problems. Just plug the numbers into the formula and leave it as it is. :)

many practice exams like TopScore have way tougher chemistry sections. I averaged like a 17 on TopScore chem but I got 22 on the actual exam.