Compilation of DAT minimum requirements ("cut-offs")

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothout

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) stuff with blank answer is because I haven't been able to find any source of info.

Hey guys,

Below is a mini compilation that I did. Hope it helps the people that are preparing to apply or just curious about minimum scores.

UAB: "We advise to retake the DAT if 17 or below. A score of 17 is marginal and in recent years has generally not been sufficient for an interview." I assume they mean 17AA since I saw somewhere that their PAT avg is 17. There's nothing else regarding minimums.
MWU-AZ: 18 in AA TS PAT and RC is "expected".
ASDOH: did not report minimums
LLU: "To be competitive, scores of 20 or above in all areas are advised."
USC: 15 in each category
UCLA:
Western:
UCSF
: 17 in AA and TS
Pacific:
UCD:
UCONN "For initial review you should have a science GPA of 3.2 and a DAT total science score of 19.
Howard: "DAT: 18 (in each of the eight categories)" however, their average is 18 as well. So, it's safe to say that they don't follow their own criteria. and I know someone who got accepted with a 12QR (not only to Howard, but to other ~4 schools as well).
NOVA: 18AA required.
UF: minimum 15
Georgia: 14AA, 14PAT
SIU: no cut offs
UIC: 15AA, 14 PAT
Indiana: 17 in AA TS RC and PAT
MWU-IL: recommended: 18AA. Min: 17 in AA TS PAT and RC
Iowa: "prefers minimum national average on each section"
Kentucky:
Louisville:
Louisiana:
UNE:
Maryland
: AA TS and RC of 18. 17+ in bio orgo and Chem. Nothing about QR.
BU: "We do not have GPA or DAT cutoffs. All applicants are encouraged to apply. The Admissions Committee will review all applications"
Harvard:
Tufts:
considers competitive a score of 19-20 on the four important sections. Minimum: 16AA 17PAT 17RC and 16TS. Nothing about "all other sections" or QR.
Detroit Mercy: recommends minimum 17TS
Michigan:
Minnesota:
Mississippi:
UMKC
prefers 17+ AA but minimum is 16AA. No info about other sections, but people have been accepted with 12QR and above.
Creighton:
Nebraska:
Nevada:
Rutgers
: no cut offs
Columbia: no minimums
NYU:
Stony Brook:
Touro:
Buffalo
: 16 reading and 15 everything else
UNC: "Although we have no minimum score, applicants should try to achieve competitive scores of 18 or better in each category. A low score in one area might be ignored if the applicant does very well in that academic discipline later on".
Case:
Ohio State (OSU
): 17 in AA TS and PAT
Oklahoma: 17AA and "PAT is not routinely factored into the evaluation process."
OHSU: 15 in each section
PENN: no cut offs
Pitt: 19AA and 17 in all subsections
Temple: 18AA
PR:
S. Carolina:
Meharry
: 17 AA and TS "in order to be competitive"
Tennessee (UTHSC): 17AA, but "Applicants should try to achieve scores of 18 or better in each category. Reading and PAT scores of 21 or greater are beneficial to the applicant. Any score of 17 or lower is detrimental to the applicant. Competitive applicants typically have total scores of 150 to 175.
Baylor:
Houston:
San Antonio:
Virgina:
Washington
: couldn't find minimum, but "The average DAT score in each area for students admitted to the UW Dental School is between a 19–22."
West Virginia:
Marquette
:.
Alberta: 15 RC PAT MAN
Université Laval: 17, 2/30 :shrug: TAED: 15PAT 5MAN
Melbourne: no cut offs

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 users
Should this be stickied? I feel this would be helpful for the next group of applicants provided that it doesn't change in the next few months.

Great job! @CallMeDoct

Reactions: 4 users
Should this be stickied? I feel this would be helpful for the next group of applicants provided that it doesn't change in the next few months.

Great job! @CallMeDoct
Thank you!! :X3: Maybe I'll add info regarding all the schools and I'll order it. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Kosher?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 508
  • image.png
    image.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 447
  • image.png
    image.png
    232 KB · Views: 385
  • image.png
    image.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 355
  • image.png
    image.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 460
Melbourne dental school is US accredited?
From Ada.org
"By reciprocal agreement, programs that are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada are recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. However, individuals attending dental programs in one country and planning to practice in another country should carefully investigate the requirements of the licensing jurisdiction where they wish to practice."

This is very helpful thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
From Ada.org
"By reciprocal agreement, programs that are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada are recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. However, individuals attending dental programs in one country and planning to practice in another country should carefully investigate the requirements of the licensing jurisdiction where they wish to practice."
so it is accredited because it is accredited by Canada??

Members don't see this ad :)
Great work, 11/10!

Solid list!

Was just wondering how you found these numbers? Did you call, or were they posted online? Just wondering because I haven't been able to find something that I desperately need to know lol.

Solid list!

Was just wondering how you found these numbers? Did you call, or were they posted online? Just wondering because I haven't been able to find something that I desperately need to know lol.
Posted online

I appreciate this list. It gives me hope when so many other places on this forum do not.

For the schools that have nothing entered does not mean you could not find what their cut-offs were or that they don't have any?

Reactions: 1 users
Tufts has a minimum RC 20 for international applicants.