Competitive PCAT scores?? VCU is goal!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clc6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the PCAT for the first time in September and here are my scores:
Bio 35
Reading 46
Math 94
Chem 91
Overall 75 Writing 3
Junior, Microbiology major, GPA 3.49, I currently am doing research for a pharmaceutical company. I have also worked in a pharmacy since I was 16 and have been a tech for 2 years now.

Should I retake the PCAT before I apply next summer? My bio score is crazy low which is sad because I am a bio major haha. I used Dr. collins and the pearson tests, which predicted me in the overall composite range of 75-90s. I am from VA, so I really want to apply and go to VCU. I will be applying Summer 2018.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For most top school that requires pcat. 70+ is consider minimum. Your 35 in Bio may ring a bell but your composite is fine in the competitive range. However, you must account your overall application. If GPA and PCAT is all you have and no pharmacy related experiences. It may put you at a rough spot when you are up against others with years of exp. Your personal essay needs tp be stellar along with LOR. Basically you need to be a balance candidate. Once interview comes you must also give a good impression.