comparing to dental school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mulanvek

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am applying to dental school this year. and i am interested in optometry, too. can international students be accepted optometry easier than dentistry?? or harder??
i have no idea.
what grade should intl students get oat to get into optometry school??
and what is the total grade of oat??
thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, optometry schools are so much easier to get in than dental schools. I am an international stduent and got accepted to NOVA and SUNY last year. I did look into dental schools. Since they are so many applicants compared to optometry schools, a lot of dental schools had set requirement for resident status. Most of optometry schools accept international students. However, I got my bachelor degree in the US. But I would think that it's harder for people who come directly from foreign countries.
There's no total grade for OAT. However, I think most of schools are looking for at least 320 on AA and TS. Some schools such as SCCO require all sections to be above 300. I know for in't students, reading can be tough. Anyway, good luck with admission process.

i am applying to dental school this year. and i am interested in optometry, too. can international students be accepted optometry easier than dentistry?? or harder??
i have no idea.
what grade should intl students get oat to get into optometry school??
and what is the total grade of oat??
thanks!!