"Communiversity" programs with research years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmokD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I started lurkering here 3 years ago and I'm finally starting the whole ERAS process :eek: . It's a strange feeling. I'm a DO student interested in an ACGME program, preferably one with a research year or even two. This has nothing to do with me getting the fellowship I want, I legitimately want to do research and hope to do so in my career. At least for now, that may change in the future. I also want to go to a "communiversity" program because I've heard the operative experience tends to be better.

What I'm interested in knowing is if anyone knows any programs like this(and preferably DO friendly) that I can add to my list. It gets really cumbersome researching every single program to see if they offer this. The programs like this that I've already found like this are

St. Luke's Roosevelt
Danbury
Baystate
Sinai Baltimore
UIC-Metro

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, I'm a 4th year DO applying to Gen surg ACGME too. I don't have a list of programs with required research years to add. Though, I'm interested in following along here.

Frankly, I'm not looking to go to a program with an added research year requirement but I'll remain open-minded as to pros and cons of going to one. I don't mind clinical research but basic science/bench research I wouldn't prefer.