Commissioning tomorrow. Air ForceDental HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joebucks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am not prior service nor have I participated ROTC. So, I don't have any dress uniform, let alone know how to properly wear it. I am getting commissioned tomorrow for Air Force HPSP and am clueless on what to wear. Is it very formal like suit or just laid back like button up? I have the 4 year scholarship and will not be attending COT untill this summer. please, any GOOD advice? Oh yeah, I am not living where I normally live so the only dress cloths I have are kakys and button up shirt, will this be sufficient?

Members don't see this ad.

joebucks said:
Ok, I am not prior service nor have I participated ROTC. So, I don't have any dress uniform, let alone know how to properly wear it. I am getting commissioned tomorrow for Air Force HPSP and am clueless on what to wear. Is it very formal like suit or just laid back like button up? I have the 4 year scholarship and will not be attending COT untill this summer. please, any GOOD advice? Oh yeah, I am not living where I normally live so the only dress cloths I have are kakys and button up shirt, will this be sufficient?

You could wear shorts if you wanted. They dont care. They will take a photo so if you are interested wear pants and a tie. Wouldnt bother with a suit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. I feel better about not wearing a suit. what do you all think of an old WW2 Army BDUs? That will turn some heads.

Shirt, tie, slacks. Congrats on the HPSP!

joebucks said:

Congradulations! You are living my dream life right now and I hope I can do the same in 2-3 years.

I would say wear a nice shirt, tie, and slacks.

Are you commissioning in a recruiter's office or in a larger group?

coolslugs said:
Congradulations! You are living my dream life right now and I hope I can do the same in 2-3 years.

I would say wear a nice shirt, tie, and slacks.

Are you commissioning in a recruiter's office or in a larger group?

Thanks for the congrats. Not sure on how many people I am being commissioned with, but well see @ high noon today.

Wow. Commissioning was awesome! Didn't expect the cake and free lunch. Thanks for all the advice.

joebucks said:
Wow. Commissioning was awesome! Didn't expect the cake and free lunch. Thanks for all the advice.

Congrats again, lieutenant!

deuist said:
Did you get the free stethoscope, T-shirt, name card holder, and pen?

oh yeah, all that was worth the signing away of the next 12 years of my life. I would do it all over again, twice, if they would of gave me two more golf shirts that said "AirForce.com" on them. lol.

deuist said:
Did you get the free stethoscope, T-shirt, name card holder, and pen?

oh yeah, all that was worth the signing away of the next 12 years of my life. I would do it all over again, twice, if they would of gave me two more golf shirts that said "AirForce.com" on them. lol.