Comments about www.seeing.org

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighlyFanatic

sup?
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.seeing.org/index.html "We teach people how to improve their eyesight without lenses or surgery."

This is the first time I've heard about anything of the sort

Members don't see this ad.

Are you worried about the Bates Method?
Like, are you worried that this Bates Method might take away jobs for optometrists?

Originally posted by anothertony
Like, are you worried that this Bates Method might take away jobs for optometrists?

not really, i just found it interesting. seems interesting in that its a holistic method, correct me if im wrong? if an OD's or students know if there was any related scientific literature/studies (thats been peer-reviewed) on the Bates method. i couldnt find much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont even waste your time with that bunk. While, as a developmental optometrist, I believe that there are certain visual conditions and disorders (tracking, focusing, exotropia, fusion dysfnx etc) that can be improved upon with traditional VISION THERAPY, this particular method is complete junk. You cannot change the very shape of your eye by doing any form of eye excercize.... lets be real here.

Originally posted by eyedocmaggie
this particular method is complete junk. You cannot change the very shape of your eye by doing any form of eye excercize.... lets be real here.

thx