COMLEX-USA and USMLE for Osteopathic Medical Students: Should we Duplicate, Divide, or Unify

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Shouldn‘t P/F step put a downward pressure on scores and ultimately lower the baseline score to pass? Is the difficulty of passing associated with the step 1 score craze?

Shouldn‘t P/F step put a downward pressure on scores and ultimately lower the baseline score to pass? Is the difficulty of passing associated with the step 1 score craze?
Maybe, or maybe after step 2 goes pass/fail. I think a lot of people realize that heavy step 1 prep definitely contributes to a good step 2 score, so as long as step 2 is scored, there are likely going to be people that are also studying hard for step 1 to have a good foundation. But this is all just speculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe, or maybe after step 2 goes pass/fail. I think a lot of people realize that heavy step 1 prep definitely contributes to a good step 2 score, so as long as step 2 is scored, there are likely going to be people that are also studying hard for step 1 to have a good foundation. But this is all just speculation.
lol

I don’t know. Im at an osteopathic school(oms2), so for sure not the major contributor of test takers. It seems like a lot of people said that when P/F was announced, but now it’s more along the lines of “I’m just trying to comfortably pass”. I don’t think you’ll see the same amount of people taking every last second of dedicated to try to push themselves the way you would if it was scored.