COMLEX PE Reassurance 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
passed, wanted to give breakdown for people anxious like I was and thoughts on what made a difference

- humanism: santized when I walked in, addressed as MR/MS/Mrs, always offered Drape on pt lap “just in case we need it to maintain modesty throughit the exam), helped with gown and tieing, helped up/down, always addressed anxiety and acknowledged patient concerns (they may try and get answers from u early and u need to politely redirect “I can understand you concerns and I’m here to assistyou with that, but I don’t want to give my assessment before I’ve completed a thorough exam”). Small talk/ very very vanilla jokes if appropriate or SP is joking with you

biomed: my assessment and plans were not almwas close or spot on for May or 4/12, possible contraindicated in 1-2; however, made sure I had something in each box. The test seems to really be about ability to gather data and physical exam, not necessarily synthesizing.

DO NOT RECYECK VITALS IF ABNORMAL (make a note about rechecking if appropriate in soap document). ALWAYS REMEBWR WHAT SETTING UR IN (Er/urgent care/office)

best of luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Re: timing

I recall in my PE I inexplicably kept leaving the room earlier and earlier as the day went on. I just would get to a point where I couldn't think of anything else to ask, and I didn't want to linger like a creep. Near the end I was leaving 4-5 minutes before had to. I thought this meant a failure in humanism for sure, but I somehow survived. I think my trick was packing my A/P as much as I could. I tried to list 6 things on every patient if at all possible, which I like to believe the test graders prefer.

Reactions: 1 users