COMLEX Law Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AliJoy99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What law topics would people recommend cramming before the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea, but I've heard that there are a lot of random legal-type questions on step 2.

Even if any of us knew what *type* of law questions were on the test,
maybe it would not be the best thing to repeat it here. We all agreed not
to discuss the contents, questions, etc., about the COMLEX with others,
and who knows if anyone from the NBOME is reading SDN? Otherwise, perhaps
limit it to very general topics. Wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble.
Alright, good luck on the test, everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think basic legal stuff is fair game. EMTALA, common-sense physician stuff, what you are bound/not bound to do. I had some interesting questions, but none of it was too absurd.

I think basic legal stuff is fair game. EMTALA, common-sense physician stuff, what you are bound/not bound to do. I had some interesting questions, but none of it was too absurd.

I disagree, all of my questions were beyond absurd. While it's something we shoud know, it is not something that apparently the AOA/NBOME feels strongly enough about that they mandate it be included in our curriculum. And quite frankly the more I think about it, the more irate I become.

If you look at the general topics they list as being on Step 1/2/3, they show this.

Computerized COMLEX (Dimension I items)

Symptoms & Disorders of Human Development
Symptoms & Disorders of the Tissues and Trauma
Symptoms & Disorders of Thermoregulation
Symptoms & Disorders of Respiration & Circulation
Symptoms & Disorders Related to Human Sexuality & Urination
Symptoms & Disorders of Motor Alterations
Symptoms & Disorders of Sensory Alterations
Symptoms & Disorders of Digestion & Metabolism
Asymptomatic/General Concepts​
Therefore, Dimension II concentrates on areas of patient evaluation and case management. The majority of the examination focuses on applying physician knowledge in the areas of history and physical, diagnostic technologies and case management. The relative percentages of Dimension II subject areas indicated in the graph below.

Dimension II
Health Promotion / Disease Prevention
History and Physical
Diagnostic Technologies
Management
Scientific Understanding of Mechanism
Health Care Delivery​

show me where in this list of items where I'm suppose to reasonable assume that anything other than basic medical ethics and jurisprudence (i.e. malpractice, neglegence, etc) are testable materials? And please for the love of AT Still, show me a resourse where I was suppose to find all the info to the questions they asked me on the test? If I could actually tell you what I was asked, then you'd probably understand my rant, but the damn agreement prohibits me from doing so.

I agree. There were a lot of law questions on my test. Even a matching set. It was ridiculous. I felt like I was applying to law school. I have a feeling that they are research questions; perhaps designed to study the fact that most of us don't know a thing about medical law coming out of medical school. But, then again.... who knows. All I know is that I lost a lot of points to those questions. To all those who are preparing for the boards; good luck.