COMLEX cutoff scores for audition rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nowaysanjose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for programs to have these cutoff scores? My score is <450 but I've been doing well on rotations, so I thought I could better my chances with a few auditions--but the programs I've tried for have these cutoffs. Am I just better off not doing any auditions?

Members don't see this ad.

Still do auditions, just pick other places. Be grateful the programs have the cutoffs. It probably reflects their cutoff for offering interviews. You don't want to waste an audition at a program that isn't even going to offer you an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you. It just seems like many programs have these cutoffs :( I am just trying for internal medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still do auditions, just pick other places. Be grateful the programs have the cutoffs. It probably reflects their cutoff for offering interviews. You don't want to waste an audition at a program that isn't even going to offer you an interview.

As much as it sucks, this. Better that they have an unofficial cutoff and stop you from wasting a month there than only getting a courtesy interview after you rotate or not interviewing at all.

There are programs out there that don't have this cutoff, or their only requirement is a first time pass-- you just might have to widen your search radius.

Best of luck.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Not unusual for more competitive specialties. Surprising for IM. Agree with others that it's probably in your interest so that you don't waste an audition on a program that would filter you out anyways.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will try expanding my search area.