Combank - Needs polishing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yme17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Combank claims to be the best osteopathic Q bank available. Its really unfortunate how many errors there are throughout the Q bank though. Suggestions and student feedback must not mean that much to them as the feedback would sort out or make it a better Q bank overall.
Complaints:
1. Explanations don't always match up. ex. explanations will explain different values than what the question used, and then use those numbers to explain the answer choices.
2. Incorrect spelling
3. Resources cited don't link.
4. Links go to uptodate, which students would have to pay for and then at times it says uptodate and instead links out to some other source.
5. Some answers are just flat wrong and can be easily verified incorrect with a quick search.

Best part about Combank is the statistics software used and the variety of questions that you see on there vs Uworld.

I enjoy using Combank overall, but I wanted other user opinions. I feel as if the bank is not worth its price being that when you buy Uworld for around the same price, you get a perfect question bank with invaluable explanations. Combank is just not up to par with other leading q banks. I hope writing this with other user input, will stimulate it to try and become better than what it is currently. It could be tremendously better with some mild polishing touches.

Members don't see this ad.

Our school provided us COMBANK for free. I feel like it does have some value especially for OMM, MSK, and some of the Neuro questions. However, when you do the Kaplan qbank (for USMLE) or UWorld, you can see the actual differences in the toughness of the questions. Sometimes, I will read the first sentence of a question on COMBANK and know the diagnosis right away, which most likely won't happen for boards. At the end of the day, when I was taking my COMSAEs recently, they did feel similar to COMBANK more so than UWorld or Kaplan. Just my opinion!

But I also agree there are tons of mistakes and some of their questions need updating.

Members don't see this ad :)
COMBANK is just mirroring the real COMLEX...

Reactions: 5 users
COMBANK f**king blows. It's a disgrace that such poorly written & vague questions can be circulated as "the go-to" for COMLEX prep.

UWORLD + Savarese = King

Reactions: 1 user
COMBANK is just mirroring the real COMLEX...
Not based on my experience. Reading the first sentence of the question and making the diagnosis is not going to happen on the COMLEX. In fact, you'll often not be able to make the diagnosis even after reading the entire question stem on the COMLEX. You won't get answers that are wrong or misspelled words on the COMLEX either.

Not based on my experience. Reading the first sentence of the question and making the diagnosis is not going to happen on the COMLEX. In fact, you'll often not be able to make the diagnosis even after reading the entire question stem on the COMLEX. You won't get answers that are wrong or misspelled words on the COMLEX either.

Then they've upgraded things since I took it.