Columbia University's program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tricky75

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am interested in attending dental school and I would just like to know the PROS/CONS of Columbia University's School of Dental and Oral Surgery. I have spoken to many dental students already, but have heard very little on Columbia's program. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

N.S.

Members don't see this ad.

All the info I can share with you is what I obtained during my interview. From what I gathered, they have a very strong academic program, and are very research orientated. They seem to be weaker in their clinical training, and many students opt for extended education courses in general dentistry to increase their clinical speed and experience. Also, they are very expensive, and are located in a rough part of Manhattan (upper). New York is an exciting, high intensity town, and if I had to choose b/t all the schools in N.Y., I would pick Columbia. I would recommend you email the school and have them put you in contact with some students. That way, you can get first-hand-knowledge about the school.

------------------
Your talent is God's gift to you.
What you do with it is your gift back to God.
--Leo Buscaglia