columbia is slow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qaztake82

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i think we been waiting for the acceptance/rejection way too long. i emailed dr. m and guess what no response. they were so great during the interviews but now they are slowly losing my respect. i mean at least respond to an email, jeez.

Members don't see this ad.

If you remember from the interview day, 1/5 AADSAS applications goes to Columbia. You also probably had 8-12 fellow interviewees with you so give them a break. Be patient like the rest of us. I think it is unfair to lose respect for them because they didn't respond to your email very quickly on one of the busiest days of the year for their office. Besides, they said don't call them, wait 8 days for your letter and then inquire. So you should respect what they have to say first. I want to know just as badly as you do (I have no acceptances yet) but I understand they are only human.

look on the bright side, guys. by now, it's virtually either acceptance or waitlist. i asked an admin and he even said post-interview, columbia does very few rejections. and even so, i'm pretty sure they mailed them out already, depending on when you interviewed (i think i saw a thread about 1.5 months ago about columbia sending its first post-interview rejections).

so you've got your foot in the door!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year the package came a couple days after Dec 1 too. But it's worth the wait guys...Good luck!

marshall said:
If you remember from the interview day, 1/5 AADSAS applications goes to Columbia. You also probably had 8-12 fellow interviewees with you so give them a break. Be patient like the rest of us. I think it is unfair to lose respect for them because they didn't respond to your email very quickly on one of the busiest days of the year for their office. Besides, they said don't call them, wait 8 days for your letter and then inquire. So you should respect what they have to say first. I want to know just as badly as you do (I have no acceptances yet) but I understand they are only human.

hey marshall,
i'm just curious about why you suggest waiting "8 days" before calling cu. can you explain? thanks.

No letter for me yet. It's already 12/6.
Is this a bad sign or Columbia is just slow?
:eek:

I emailed and called columbia 2 times and they never responded either email nor phone call. I was very dissapointed, consdering schools like UCSF, UOP, UCLA, and Loma Linda, were very prompt in returning my phone calls.

Halitosis,

That is what they told me. They said that one year they mailed out letters and someone didn't get theres in the Bronx for eight days. So they said to wait eight days and then call.

On a related note, I received my acceptance in Philadelphia on Saturday 12/4.

Good luck everyone!

Am i the only one who is still waiting for the letter?
Is there anybody else who had interview before 12/1 and didn't from Columbia yet?
:confused:

me, interviewed in october

on my acceptance letter, there are written words from two faculty memebers (i cannot read their signature to figure out the name) to congradulate me. so guess thaz why they are slow.

... said:
on my acceptance letter, there are written words from two faculty memebers (i cannot read their signature to figure out the name) to congradulate me. so guess thaz why they are slow.

I was really impressed with this too. I mean it's not too much work for them, but I havn't seen any hand-written welcome notes in any other acceptance letters. Btw, one is from Dr.McManus (spelling?), forgot the other's name.

Also, they included a DVD in acceptance package, which is neat too.

btw, has any west coast ppl received word from columbia? assuming they mailed 1st batch on 12/02....when do you guys expect to get them?

im on the west coast too...
even az's letter hasn't come in yet

Mine was dated 12/1 and to me in Philly on 12/4.

im in la and it got to me today, 12/6.

anybody planning to call columbia and ask what's going on?
:scared:
i can't wait!

I am in San diego CA and i got the letter yesterday.

wishlena said:
anybody planning to call columbia and ask what's going on?
:scared:
i can't wait!

wishlena,
if i were you, i'd call. if it's killing you that bad, then just call. besides, they probably already made a decision about you, for better or for worse...one unwanted phone call will not change their decision. THEN AGAIN, there WILL be ppl on this forum who will trash this comment and tell you not to call.

i feel your pain my brother/sister....trust me, i do.