College Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h0mie8503

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I was checking program websites for any random things in addition to ERAS that they need. I found that UCLA, City of Hope, and Mayo Jacksonville ask for college transcripts. Has anybody found any other random things like that for other programs? A nice list for everybody to see would be nice for applicants I think.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody,
I was checking program websites for any random things in addition to ERAS that they need. I found that UCLA, City of Hope, and Mayo Jacksonville ask for college transcripts. Has anybody found any other random things like that for other programs? A nice list for everybody to see would be nice for applicants I think.

How do you submit the transcripts to them? There is no place on ERAS for college transcript transmission.

Hey everybody,

Good call, homie

The only thing that I've found is that UCSF requires a journal reprint or abstract

Other than that, I've found that some IM prelims require a letter from your home program's IM chair

Members don't see this ad :)
Good call, homie

The only thing that I've found is that UCSF requires a journal reprint or abstract

Other than that, I've found that some IM prelims require a letter from your home program's IM chair

I saw that also about the IM chair letter. I found it when I went on the IM website of some programs. Although, I'm not sure if this requirement was for just the catagorical IM residency program, or both the catagorical program as well as the 1 year preliminary medicine internship program. You would think that the medical schools would automatically have a letter composed, just as they have a Deans Letter composed, if so many prelim medicine programs have this as a requirement. Any thoughts or comments?

Good call, homie

Also, Harvard requires 4 VS 3 letters of recommendation. Any other program nuances? Please share, as I'm sure we all want to be as informed as possible!

Mayo (rochester) is asking for MCAT physics scores

mayo jacksonville sent out interview invites today and they didn't mention anything about sending a college transcript

UCSF' "Eligibility, Recruitment, and Selection Policy" (Found at http://medschool.ucsf.edu/gme/pdf/RevisedEligibility-SelectionPolicyMay2009.pdf) also states that:

An applicant for graduate medical education at UCSF must have:

"A passing score on USMLE Step II (CS and CK) is required for all trainees beginning a UCSF GME program June 2010 and later. To meet this requirement, programs must rank only candidates who have passed USMLE Step II (CS and CK)."

So that means all your Step II components likely need to be finished by early January 2010, if they're adhering strictly to that policy.