USSNathanJames

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently going into my senior year of high school and researching many colleges and universities. Honestly, I'm feeling quite lost and not sure what to really look for.
I'm looking for a college in the NJ, NY, MD, PA, or DE area that has a good pre-vet program and others related to equine sciences that would hopefully give me a better chance of getting into vet school in the future. If anyone has any recommendations for colleges/universities or programs to look into, I would be extremely grateful.

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend University of Pennsylvania or Cornell if you have the grades. I know Penn has some outstanding equine facilities and professors. Purdue is outside your area and another option. Colorado State has a great Equine Science undergrad program. Since we are in the southwest I'm going to Kansas State. They gave me a better deal than Colorado State did. I didn't want to go to the east coast but my parents found out a lot about Penn. My goal is also to be an equine vet. Just remember you can major in anything as long as you get the prerequisites for vet school. I'm doing animal science but also thought about doing biology. Good luck! Get as much animal and vet experience as you can in the next year. It really does help.