College Help

Silverman780

The Exalted Grand Poobah
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had my senior awards night last night and walked away with a fairly decent amount of scholarships.:thumbup:

Right now with the scholarships I have I can either pay for:

Two years of community college fully

OR

Pay the majority of my freshman year at Oregon State for Engineering. But then remain sorta clueless about affording the next year.

Do state schools do a good job of providing scholarships and grants to their students if they do well their freshman year?:confused:

Any thoughts or comments?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I just had my senior awards night last night and walked away with a fairly decent amount of scholarships.:thumbup:

Right now with the scholarships I have I can either pay for:

Two years of community college fully

OR

Pay the majority of my freshman year at Oregon State for Engineering. But then remain sorta clueless about affording the next year.

Do state schools do a good job of providing scholarships and grants to their students if they do well their freshman year?:confused:

Any thoughts or comments?:confused:

Well, I would look at the financial dilemma first. I wouldn't advice ending college with all that debt. It could be a pain and more like a burden if anything. It really depends on what you want to do. I think you should start off at a CC for like a year. Make really good grades all your classes. Just take the basics. Don't take a class such as chemistry that would leave you to take organic at the university. This really doesn't work out, because you probably wouldn't be prepared the way the freshman were to meet the colleges expectations. Then, once you make a 4.0 in all your classes :xf:, you can submit a scholarship application as a transfer at the university. I think this is practical. There are a lot of students at my university that got full rides because they did this step. Plus, think about all that money you saved. You can use it for charity now! :D

It really depends on how badly you don't want to go to CC. I know that I'd be miserable there, but if you wouldn't mind sticking it out for a little while then go for it.