college choice:jmu vs. vcu

cocolashay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello world!

I am a senior and high school and i am now in the process of deciding a college to attend in the fall. I do want to major in chemistry or biology and havea concentration in pre-med. My dilemma is that I am trying to decide between James Madison University or Virginia Commonwealth University. Can anybody PLEASE just give me their insight or if you have attended either of these universities to please just give me their opinion. I would really apreciate it!

Thanks!:D

Members don't see this ad.

hello world!

I am a senior and high school and i am now in the process of deciding a college to attend in the fall. I do want to major in chemistry or biology and havea concentration in pre-med. My dilemma is that I am trying to decide between James Madison University or Virginia Commonwealth University. Can anybody PLEASE just give me their insight or if you have attended either of these universities to please just give me their opinion. I would really apreciate it!

Thanks!:D

Which one offered you more scholarships ? This is should an important factor if you like both schools equally.

Which one offered you more scholarships ? This is should an important factor if you like both schools equally.

neither one really gave me scholarships and that is on my behalf because with VCU i applied to late for the scholarships and with JMU i just do not think they sent me any scholarships

Members don't see this ad :)
Weather ?
Location ?
Facilities ?
Better impression ?

Weather ?
Location ?
Facilities ?
Better impression ?

Im from richmond so i know i have a feel for VCU. I do not have a problem with either school, I am just wondering what school would prepare me more.

Go with your feeling!!! VCU has an excellent health care program.

Maybe this will sway you
http://www.vcu.edu/ranking/

JMU is good, but I think VCU has more resources & such, and it's in Richmond-who wouldn't like to live in the city and party 24/7? lol. I'm also inclined to VCU cuz I live closer to Richmond.

Go with your feeling!!! VCU has an excellent health care program.

Maybe this will sway you
http://www.vcu.edu/ranking/

JMU is good, but I think VCU has more resources & such, and it's in Richmond-who wouldn't like to live in the city and party 24/7? lol. I'm also inclined to VCU cuz I live closer to Richmond.

thanky ou so much for replying and also that link...i have decided to attend JMU though. I just feel the campus will be better for me because it is all in one place and VCU is kind of all over the place. =] I really appreciate all that responded to this. I'm going to give JMU a try if I do not feel challenged I can always transfer but we will just have to see. Thanks again!

Well you heard of Massanutten? Not the biggest and best ski resort but definately fun with friends. Make sure you visit there while you're at JMU! Both are good schools-I just prefer city life over mountain life lol.:cool:

Well you heard of Massanutten? Not the biggest and best ski resort but definately fun with friends. Make sure you visit there while you're at JMU! Both are good schools-I just prefer city life over mountain life lol.:cool:

i have heard of it and i might =] but i do agree i like the city life but coming from richmond I kind of just want to get get away from it for a while may go back never know....but thanks =]

I'm a junior in HS and I was trying to make the choice of JMU, UVA or VCU. I visited JMU this past spring break and I fell in love with the campus. Usually I'm not too fond of the country/mountain area because I'm a city boy. I lived in NY for 13 years and moved to VA during middle school. Now I noticed that I want to be in a more serene environment, and JMU is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. I also liked JMU because the public transportation system (busses) and how friendly everyone was.

VCU is TOO close to home for me. I want to get away from my parents. As for UVA, I plan on visiting the campus during the summer. I've been to Charlottesville before, but I've never been to the UVA campus. I heard that it has a classic, Jeffersonian feel. <--- how surprising! lol.