College and Med School Choices?

Jarvis21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you could choose any university to go for undergrad, regardless of cost or admission, what would it be?

Same goes for Med School.

Now, realistically, with those other variables added, where would you want to go?

Members don't see this ad.

It's such a general question there is very little point in even asking.

There are a TON of different variables that go into the decision and everyone is going to have a different list of priorities, even if you take admission and cost out of the equation not everyone is just gonna choose a top Ivy school. There's always location, research, specific major, size, family heritage, sports, and on, and on, and on.......

So unless you are just that curious, don't worry about what others would choose cost not being a concern.... that's kind of like asking what car would you have if cost were not an issue. That may be all fun to know and ask about, but would practically mean nothing in helping you decide where you would go.

Instead, think about what you want out of college, what sort of factors are important to you and make a list, and then get some ideas from others on which colleges fit your goal. In and of itself where you go to college will play a small role compared to what you do while there.

Well seeing as I am still in high school, this is purely curiosity. It's just a general question, just to see what other people think.

Members don't see this ad :)
Non-realistically:

Stanford
UCSF or UCLA

Reasons: HELLO, CALI! :D:cool:

Realistically:

Really, just the schools that have a reasonable I love it here/I can afford to study here combination.

You'll see a lot of answers, with amusing crazy reasons like "House studied here!" and things of that nature. :laugh: Please don't take us too seriously. And you never gave us YOUR dream schools, btw...fess up. ;)

Non-realistically:
University of Texas-Austin
Columbia
Reasons: Run track & been dreaming of going there since I was 9

Realistically:
CSU
CU
Reasons: Affordable, good campus life/study groups

Non-R
UCLA
schools in cali that has nice weather and beach

med school
ucla

residency
ucla - ophalomology

attending
los angels with a small ophthalomogy clinic

That's the stuff, Tennis! :D Weren't you the one who used to be hardcore JHU? Or am I thinking of someone else?

That's the stuff, Tennis! :D Weren't you the one who used to be hardcore JHU? Or am I thinking of someone else?

That's the dude KempDrumsAlot

Have u seen him lately in H.SDN section ?

That's the dude KempDrumsAlot

Have u seen him lately in H.SDN section ?

Nope. I do remember that, now, though. At least we know he's either busy or having a great social life. :D

Nope. I do remember that, now, though. At least we know he's either busy or having a great social life. :D

he was talking about his new gf and going well.

gl on ur case 2

im 2 lazi 2 type

I'm hoping to go to Washington University in St. Louis for Undergrad, which hopefully won't be too much of a stretch (going to need some killer scholarships though). For med school, I'm thinking Hopkins based on what I hear about the general attitude and curriculum there. But med school is 6 years away for me, and who knows what will happen between now and then, but with my current mindset, Hopkins sounds better than Harvard or anywhere else.

If I can't get enough scholarship money for WashU, I'm not really sure. I'll try some other upper tier schools to see if I can get enough for anywhere else, otherwise I'll probably look into some state schools, which should be a shoe-in (probably full rides too).

I wish for undergrad: UC Davis/SFSU (I just need to stay for a year to complete prereqs to apply for pod school)

I wish for pod school: CSPM!!!

I wish for residency: Somewhere in the Bay Area, somewhere between SF and San Jose

I wish for attending: Somewhere in the Bay Area, somewhere between SF and San Jose

Realistically for Undergrad: UC Davis/SFSU

Realistically for pod school: CSPM!!!

Realistically for residency: Somewhere in the Bay Area, somewhere between SF and San Jose

Realistically for attending: Somewhere in the Bay Area, somewhere between SF and San Jose

After typing realistically so many times, the word realistically looks funny to me.

And yea, where I want to go is so possible for me.

Unrealistic:

undergrad:UC-Berkley
Medical: Stanford or John Hopkins Med

Realistically:
Undergrad:OSU, UO, WSU

Med: Oregon Health and Sciences University;
Washington Med

Emergency Med Residency, Either OHSU or somewhere on the West Coast

Attending: Large Hospital with trauma suites

UG: OSU or some other college/uni not too far away

MS: UMDNJ-RWJ

Residency: No idea.

First step is getting into college guys...

Realistically

Undergraduate: Xavier of LA or Morehouse College

Med School: I don't care as along it's accredited and offers me a MD degree in the end

-Attended a high school health career enrichment program and conference
-Also, their micro and anatomy lab are amazing!!!

or

Duke because their med school is awesome...

Last edited:
Lol. People ask me this. "And where do you want to go to med school?"

"Whichever med school I can bribe into admitting me."

And then it's, "What do you want to specialize in?"

To which there are myriad answers, among them, "I want to be a cranianologist--I'll pull people's heads out of their asses" and "I'll study psychology and pathology and become a psychopath."

All you crazy, neurotic, Let's Plan Out Every Year of My Life Until I'm 58 people, I don't get you at all... :D

If you could choose any university to go for undergrad, regardless of cost or admission, what would it be?
Whichever school gave me the most AP credit.

Now, realistically, with those other variables added, where would you want to go?
Really. I would follow the APs. I didn't spend all that time studying for nothing.

Same goes for Med School.
I got into one of my top choices, a medical school in the US.