College Acceptance

HSES

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello what colleges did you guys (2009 Seniors) get accepted to so far? I got accepted to Florida Institute of Technology, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Daytona Beach Campus, Kutztown in PA and Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Members don't see this ad.

I've only applied to one, and I'm not going there. I need to write my personal statement for Bradley, which is where I'll be going, God willing.

i've only applied to one college so far. I haven't heard anything from them, but they have a 99.93% accaptance rate, so I better get in. Other colleges I might possibly apply to: University of Tulsa, OU honors college, Trinity U (Texas). I haven't applied to them yet because I'm too lazy to fill out the apps., essays, etc. for places I probably can't go to.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can get into those other schools do not go to Kutztown. Or try to avoid it. Its not a conducive environment or your aspirations. That said, its a fine state school, but you'll have to fight to stay on track. I know one kid there that is pre-med and he's doing great for himself, but I feel KU won't afford you the opportunities other places can.

yea thanks one of my friend just started at KU and he doesn't like it and is about to transfer....I hope i could get into Drexel and Penn State

I got accepted by Rutgers, my first choice. =) I'm almost definitely going there. Yes. Almost definitely.

Appying one American college so far. I will be missing singing "Oh Canada".

From now on,

"Oh, United States, our home and ..." :D

Last edited:
I got accepted by Rutgers, my first choice. =) I'm almost definitely going there. Yes. Almost definitely.

Holy crap, you deserve cake. Lots of yummy cake. CONGRATS!

Congratz to all who got into their school of choice! Once I finally finish my personal statement (talk about procrastination, it HAS to be in by Sunday). Bradley University all the way!

I'm accepted into the University of South Florida, 7 year med program. I've got a beyond spectacular scholarship and I'm most likely going there- I can't see anywhere else I applied beating their offer!

I'll be interested to see where else I get in, but I'm totally excited about USF.

Members don't see this ad :)
LSU, Northwestern Honors college, Millsaps, Centenary uh Washington and Lee. Im forgertting 1 or 2. I really want to go to Millsaps, but their tuition is around 33k, and i only have a 14k scholarship so far =(. I'' probally end up at a state school since i will practically get paid to go there. I dont really tust myself at LSU though lol.

LSU, Northwestern Honors college, Millsaps, Centenary uh Washington and Lee. Im forgertting 1 or 2. I really want to go to Millsaps, but their tuition is around 33k, and i only have a 14k scholarship so far =(. I'' probally end up at a state school since i will practically get paid to go there. I dont really tust myself at LSU though lol.

LSUs a really mean college; or so I've heard. At least their football team's nasty that is. Then again I do live in Al so people might be a tad biased around here.

LSU has around 36 thousand students. I'm sure some are mean, but i guess its like that any where.

I find out where I got in this Saturday. :scared:

I'm camping out by the mailbox, roasting hotdogs over a fire and drinking a thermos of hot chocolate... If I do get in anywhere, I'll post it here for sure!

LSU has around 36 thousand students. I'm sure some are mean, but i guess its like that any where.

Mmm, I've just heard in general they get really rowdy during football season... and not in a good way...

Newbie here, just joined today.

I'm into Oberlin College--very excited to be going! I think I read somewhere that there's someone else on this forum trying to get in... Anyone know?

I'm into Oberlin College--very excited to be going! I think I read somewhere that there's someone else on this forum trying to get in... Anyone know?

not sure who, but a couple of my friends in my class went there... very good school.

congrats. :thumbup:

not sure who, but a couple of my friends in my class went there... very good school.

congrats. :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm so excited--I toured their science center this past summer and it so looked fantastic (and well-endowed). Their dorms, however, are another story...

Thanks! I'm so excited--I toured their science center this past summer and it so looked fantastic (and well-endowed). Their dorms, however, are another story...

can't speak for the dorms myself, but I know my friends were somehow able to get their own floor and turn it into the floor for sci-fi nerds. (these two friends making their own sci-fi floor did not surprise me one bit)

Oberlin seems like the type of place that really lets you explore whatever you want during college.

congrats! i know a great neurosurgeon who went there :cool:

can't speak for the dorms myself, but I know my friends were somehow able to get their own floor and turn it into the floor for sci-fi nerds. (these two friends making their own sci-fi floor did not surprise me one bit)

Oberlin seems like the type of place that really lets you explore whatever you want during college.

Yeah, when I toured it, they said they used to have a Sci-Fi floor, but it came to an end when the founders graduated. Must have been your friends! Talk about a small world...

congrats! i know a great neurosurgeon who went there :cool:

Really? Wow! That makes me feel really cool...

LSUs a really mean college; or so I've heard. At least their football team's nasty that is. Then again I do live in Al so people might be a tad biased around here.

What do you expect when the team cannot win the need-to-win games?

What do you expect when the team cannot win the need-to-win games?

They were like that when they did win games too... I think it was partly Saben. He's extremely... pigheaded.

Just got informed that I got accepted to Bradley University! It was my top choice, so I'm pretty happy.

Lol, congrats! I love all of this college acceptance stuff... my sister's going through it and I think I get more excited about the big envelopes than she does. I'll probably go nuts next year when it's my turn.

Lol, congrats! I love all of this college acceptance stuff... my sister's going through it and I think I get more excited about the big envelopes than she does. I'll probably go nuts next year when it's my turn.

Haha, it definatly isn't as exciting as I thought it would be. I'm actually writing a blog as we speak about it now, feel free to check it out in like 5 minutes or so!

Haha, it definatly isn't as exciting as I thought it would be. I'm actually writing a blog as we speak about it now, feel free to check it out in like 5 minutes or so!

Will do. I wrote a blog once... it is not a very happy one and it was mean but oh well I guess...

If you can get into those other schools do not go to Kutztown. Or try to avoid it. Its not a conducive environment or your aspirations. That said, its a fine state school, but you'll have to fight to stay on track. I know one kid there that is pre-med and he's doing great for himself, but I feel KU won't afford you the opportunities other places can.

Could you elaborate, please? *curious*

uh... dunno why this post ended up here..

Last edited:
i got accepted with a full tuition scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh, my first choice and the only one i applied to. who said choosing a college was difficult? lol

i got accepted with a full tuition scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh, my first choice and the only one i applied to. who said choosing a college was difficult? lol

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it there. Nothing bets a full ride! :thumbup:

Congtazs ! ! !

Full ride is nice.

Another newbie here. I just got into Case Western which is my "temporary" first choice! Not sure if I'm going though as the school is only 5 minutes from my house! Plus, they offered me a $20,000 renewable scholarship, which is great, but that only covers half of their ridiculous tuition so I need to start looking around for extra $:xf:

Another newbie here. I just got into Case Western which is my "temporary" first choice! Not sure if I'm going though as the school is only 5 minutes from my house! Plus, they offered me a $20,000 renewable scholarship, which is great, but that only covers half of their ridiculous tuition so I need to start looking around for extra $:xf:

Welcome!

I looked into Case Western as well, but frankly, I don't think I could live in Cleveland. Not too fond of it. Congratulations, though--I know a few people who went there who enjoyed it very much. Good luck with the scholarship search...

Woah man, 5 minutes away. Way to close to home. But congrats.

Woah man, 5 minutes away. Way to close to home. But congrats.

Haha, I'm going to a uni 10-15 minutes away and living at home. I can honestly say, I'm not looking forward to being home for the next 4 years, but it will save me a ton of money. :thumbup:

I applied to 8 schools, so far I've gotten 3 back and I've gotten into all 3 of them..UVM, UConn, and Northeastern...Northeastern is my #1 i think I'm going to go there. I got into the physical therapy program but i think i might switch over to a pre-med major of biology or something

In addition to USF, I've been accepted into Florida State and my top choice: University of Chicago!!

So this means I really need to work on that scholarship thing.

Got into Berry College, Wesleyan College, Mercer University, and Presbyterian College. :) Waiting on Agnes Scott, Furman, Vanderbilt and Davidson :xf:

Got into Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) and Millsaps College. Will hopefully be getting early entry into the School of Pharmacy at Ole Miss.