Colarado School of Dental Medicine Interview calls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does colorado uses Kilgore with hard or soft gingiva? Does anybody have any information on what will be asked for the bench test?
Ull find out only when u pay for the bench test. Once they receive ur bech test fee they'll be emailing all the details..

Usually it's gold prep, pfm and wax exercises..

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have a review for Puneet Sandhu bench test course?

hey...any female willing to share accommodation for colorado iv on 5ht april? please pm me

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to apply before deadline. Does not matter when. They call first to people with high potential.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 user
anyone received the interview manual? please notify us
thank you

Hi everyone, any female who wants to share accommodation for Apr 5th ?

How is everybody preparing for bench test?
The textbooks used by the school are Fundamentals of operative dentistry a contemporary approach by James Summit and fundamentals of fixed prosthodontics by Shillingburg. Consult with those. Make sure to finish your preparations, be attentive enough not to mistake a tooth, side of the mouth or mesial or distal of the tooth.
Another thing. Students who help during practical exam give their feedback, so please be polite and do not cause any trouble. If you need something or not sure just ask politely and they will help you

Hii is there any boy willing to share accomodation on 5th april interview?

hi....i am a female from India.....any female interested to share accommodation on 5th april for colorado....?plz pm me

thanks

Hello there,
Does anyone know of any bench test preparation course/coaching in or around north brunswick, new jersey? Please Help!

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people they will invite in the first batch? Any clue?

Reactions: 1 users
SIM lab has about 50 spots, so they can not invite more then 100. they usually divide them in two groups, one goes first for the interview and another for the bench test, after lunch they change. They invite a lot of people and have at least 5 sessions for the interview.

A lot of people screw up on the bench and wax parts
Yes a senior warned me about that.. She told me a lt of people who come have no practise whatsoever in the wax exercises.. Mostly the really old dentists who have had years of experience n who haven't touched wax for years..

Have u given the interview before? Or are u comin this time? If you've given it before could u share what your experience was like? Also how did you prepare for it?

There are two preps and wax exercise, give an hour for each, wax does need a lot of time. For preps refer to textbooks I posted before and for the wax I watched youtube, search "wax exercise". I practiced for preps for 4 hours after years of not practicing - it is like riding a bike, but one has to remember what to do

Yes a senior warned me about that.. She told me a lt of people who come have no practise whatsoever in the wax exercises.. Mostly the really old dentists who have had years of experience n who haven't touched wax for years..

Have u given the interview before? Or are u comin this time? If you've given it before could u share what your experience was like? Also how did you prepare for it?
Hi, all the best for the coming interview. Wanted to know if you had given part 2, I have it in a week. Your advice will be valuable. Thanking you in anticipation.

Hi, all the best for the coming interview. Wanted to know if you had given part 2, I have it in a week. Your advice will be valuable. Thanking you in anticipation.
No. Giving part 2 in 10 days.

I have one question regarding pfm preparTin for colorado bench exam.

In the bench test criteria gor pfm they says cervical bevel when used it should be 0.5 mm in width.

My questiin is what is this cervical bevel in pfm? Does that meab ee have to make shoulder with bevel type of margin or is anything else?

Can anyone help me with this?

Hey guys anybody got interview call in May. I mean second batch.

do we still have hopes to get interview call??

Well I thought they conduct Iv in 2-3 batches.. and IV for only one batch had been sent..

I have a question regarding Colorado bench exam. Are we allowed to take and use wedges while working on tooth preps?
Also , do we get to occlude both arches in the bench test to check the amount of occlusal reduction for the crown preps?
Can anyone help me with these queries?

I am not sure about wedges - they used to allow you to bring you own instruments, what rules are now - no idea. I actually just stuck a closed cotton pliers in between teeth. Just watch the margin - soft gingiva gets easily displaced.
You can close jaw on the manikin but it is better to rely on a width of the bur for the reduction - you would spend too much time closing and opening manikin's mouth and sometimes it slips - you may ding your prep

I am not sure about wedges - they used to allow you to bring you own instruments, what rules are now - no idea. I actually just stuck a closed cotton pliers in between teeth. Just watch the margin - soft gingiva gets easily displaced.
You can close jaw on the manikin but it is better to rely on a width of the bur for the reduction - you would spend too much time closing and opening manikin's mouth and sometimes it slips - you may ding your prep

Thanks much for your reply

I have dental turbine unit, typodopnt columbia forms, articulator, typodont mounting pole, hand piece and some burs (unopened packets), few preparation CD s. I just used few of them and got accepted and I am offering those for a very low price and all in very good condition. If interested please email me at [email protected].

I have dental turbine unit, typodopnt columbia forms, articulator, typodont mounting pole, hand piece and some burs (unopened packets), few preparation CD s. I just used few of them and got accepted and I am offering those for a very low price and all in very good condition. If interested please email me at [email protected].

I also got an interview invite for 5th April.. :)

I don't know if the deadline is still 17 march ...How come thy are done with sending invites for intervie:(w ?

I don't know if the deadline is still 17 march ...How come thy are done with sending invites for intervie:(w ?

I don't think they are done as I received my interview invite yesterday...

I got mine 3 days after the deadline. Next year they send some more invitations when they realized, they do not have enough candidates, which was after several interviews. Be hopeful

Congrats Sugu! Could you share when did you apply and received an application complete mail.
I don't think they are done as I received my interview invite yesterday...

Congrats Sugu! Could you share when did you apply and received an application complete mail.

I applied in December but I submitted my LOR on Feb 20th and got completion email on 24th Feb. and Interview invite on 11th March.

I applied in December but I submitted my LOR on Feb 20th and got completion email on 24th Feb. and Interview invite on 11th March.
Thanks Sugu ! wish u all the best

Does anyone know about the wax exercises at the bench test? I know there would be 3 exercises but I don't the details properly. Could anyone help me?