Cognitive therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

I don't really see why C wouldn't be an option here. I think C would be just as effective in changing your thoughts about the situation

upload_2017-4-12_20-10-24.png

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, but on the MCAT you just dont pick the correct AC (answer choice), you pick the best one, and i have trouble reading the passage or the text. But, based cognitive therapy pretty much revolves around changing someone's maladaptive thoughts or behaviors.

Looks like choice C would be something that would make things more stressful for the procrastinator. Just inferring from what I can see from the answer explanation, I guess it's expected you realize that anxiety is an underlying factor for procrastination. Only choices A offers a reasonable a solution that would reduce stress.

I can totally see why you'd choose C though based on how the passage talks about doing something similar to C on subjects they are studying. IMO, I feel like the quality of this question is a kinda poor, a bit too convoluted compared to EK, AAMC, and NS questions I've been doing.