Do I need to take any other subjects except the ones I have?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Math

• Computer Programming

• Other

• Total voters

cigarettic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm a junior in high school, outside the United States and my subjects are English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology. I want to pursue Cognitive Neuroscience in college in the US right after I graduate. Any tips/advice on what I should do for extra college credit? Is it possible for me to go straight away as an undergrad. in Cognitive Neuroscience without any other degrees except a high school diploma?If yes, then are there any extra measures/stuff I should do in order to get admission into a good college that offers a Cognitive Neuroscience degree without me having to have a degree in any other subject beforehand? Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. I'm a junior in high school, outside the United States and my subjects are English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology. I want to pursue Cognitive Neuroscience in college in the US right after I graduate. Any tips/advice on what I should do for extra college credit? Is it possible for me to go straight away as an undergrad. in Cognitive Neuroscience without any other degrees except a high school diploma?If yes, then are there any extra measures/stuff I should do in order to get admission into a good college that offers a Cognitive Neuroscience degree without me having to have a degree in any other subject beforehand? Thanks. :)

What a school offers in terms of majors varies; some institutions may offer cognitive neuroscience, and others may not even offer neuroscience at all. If you have a list of US colleges that you are planning on applying to, peruse their websites to see if they have what you're looking for.

In the US, the only "degree" you need for enrollment in an undergraduate program is your high school diploma or GED. Since you aren't in the US, again, you'll need to go on your prospective colleges' websites and find out what criteria you must meet as an international applicant in order to matriculate.

As for your question about what subjects you should take, it is all dependent upon what your intended colleges require or recommend—it could vary for US applicants and international applicants.

Reactions: 1 user