Coffee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsOverZyvox

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm not a fan of Starbucks coffee...it tastes burnt and rancid. Actually it is... poor quality beans I say. So they're closing 600 Starbucks locations... why couldn't I put in a Z'Cafe' where they closed a Starbucks? People who are used to coming in will come in habitually...and those lost customers can be brought back with better service and product...

And I can get richer..

Members don't see this ad.

I was a barrista for like 4 years. Starbucks is icky and tastes burnt. I'm not sure why it's so popular.

Support local businesses!

I can't drink coffee anyway these days. Too rough on my stomach.

I was a barrista for like 4 years. Starbucks is icky and tastes burnt. I'm not sure why it's so popular.

Support local businesses!

I can't drink coffee anyway these days. Too rough on my stomach.

So says a drunk..

Members don't see this ad :)
lush. expand your vocabulary.

I rarely drink when I've been up for 24+ hours anyway. That's usually when I have coffee.

Stay up for 24+ hours? why would you do that..

So I'm not a fan of Starbucks coffee...it tastes burnt and rancid. Actually it is... poor quality beans I say. So they're closing 600 Starbucks locations... why couldn't I put in a Z'Cafe' where they closed a Starbucks? People who are used to coming in will come in habitually...and those lost customers can be brought back with better service and product...

And I can get richer..

They were just stupid about store placement. Back home, there were 3 Starbucks in one mall. THREE! So, I looked on the list, and 2 of them are closing. Go figure.

Open up a Spiriva Cafe in one of the spaces. You'll get benefit by having 3 coffee joints becoming 2....and because you're the independent owner, you can undercut them and provide better product and service...

So, if total gross sale of 3 stores were 3 mil per year...you can expect to perhaps capture 30 to 40% once it's down to 2 stores...

Open up a Spiriva Cafe in one of the spaces. You'll get benefit by having 3 coffee joints becoming 2....and because you're the independent owner, you can undercut them and provide better product and service...

So, if total gross sale of 3 stores were 3 mil per year...you can expect to perhaps capture 30 to 40% once it's down to 2 stores...

I'll serve only Lavazza.

Hey! And have you guys seen those little plastic thingies you insert into the hole you sip the coffee through? Looks like a little plastic pacifier...to prevent coffee from spilling out while you're driving. They have them at a little local café nearby.

Genius! Little things like that, make people come back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll serve only Lavazza.

Sucha pharm rep!!

Here's some Lovaza propaganda...
1.0_percentage.gif

(Had to make this thread SOMEWHAT Pharmacy related)

Last edited:
Oh come on...you can do better than that....oh master of the pharmacy universe...hook a brother up!:thumbup:

Ok, learn how to dose Vanco. I got a call from a recruiter today..wanted to know if I was interested in a clinical job...every 3rd weekend. She asked if I needed help with my resume.. I said..."are you serious?" She said...a lot of pharmacists don't know how to do a resume.. I almost hung up on her but thought maybe I'll entertain her. I told her to find me a VP position... she was all excited. Poor soul.

But I could refer you to her...and get a referral bonus. And you can I can split it... :smuggrin:

Ok, learn how to dose Vanco. I got a call from a recruiter today..wanted to know if I was interested in a clinical job...every 3rd weekend. She asked if I needed help with my resume.. I said..."are you serious?" She said...a lot of pharmacists don't know how to do a resume.. I almost hung up on her but thought maybe I'll entertain her. I told her to find me a VP position... she was all excited. Poor soul.

But I could refer you to her...and get a referral bonus. And you can I can split it... :smuggrin:

I was looking for more of a side job get richer scheme...I am locked in to the current job for another year....It aint that hard to dose Vanco....

I was looking for more of a side job get richer scheme...I am locked in to the current job for another year....It aint that hard to dose Vanco....

Well, if you would've bought MNTA when I told you about it in December, you would've more than tripled your money... but you didn't listen did you.. :smuggrin:

Well, if you would've bought MNTA when I told you about it in December, you would've more than tripled your money... but you didn't listen did you.. :smuggrin:
You should work as a pharma research equity analyst :thumbup:

You should work as a pharma research equity analyst :thumbup:

I would go to jail with SEC on my arse all day... inside trading, manipulation of market as a market mover... and all that good stuff.

I'm still watching CEGE and NTEC. You could have doubled your money on NTEC past 5 days... and 40% increase on CEGE past week.

I'm waiting for MNTA to calm down to 12...

I would go to jail with SEC on my arse all day... inside trading, manipulation of market as a market mover... and all that good stuff.

I'm still watching CEGE and NTEC. You could have doubled your money on NTEC past 5 days... and 40% increase on CEGE past week.

I'm waiting for MNTA to calm down to 12...

What do you mean inside trading? loll, you don't have to do it.......... Ah, I see that you watch the capital markets. Aren't you already a multi-millionaire?
Maybe I should do MBA and get into this ......... hehe:D

What do you mean inside trading? loll, you don't have to do it.......... Ah, I see that you watch the capital markets. Aren't you already a multi-millionaire?
Maybe I should do MBA and get into this ......... hehe:D

Ehhh... that was my goal before I turned 40.. and I hit my goal..
But I lost most of it .. :oops:

It's ok though... it taught me a valuable lesson and after a little break, I'll get it started again with a new goal.