Coding mbb/rfa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobBarker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this changed again?
I thought it was -50 for the 1st level and x2 for the 2nd level?

The biller disagrees and I can’t find a good resource to settle the matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has this changed again?
I thought it was -50 for the 1st level and x2 for the 2nd level?

The biller disagrees and I can’t find a good resource to settle the matter.

For Medicare patients, your biller is correct. You must code 50 modifier for both the first level and 2nd level per latest LCD.
“Each unilateral or bilateral intervention at any level should be reported as one unit, with bilateral intervention signified by appending the modifier -50.”

Last edited:
For Medicare patients, your biller is correct. You must code 50 modifier for both the first level and 2nd level per latest LCD.
“Each unilateral or bilateral intervention at any level should be reported as one unit, with bilateral intervention signified by appending the modifier -50.”

So did this change again this year? Bc it changed last year to what Bob said. I’ll see if I can find the reference. It’d be super annoying if they changed it back in a year

Members don't see this ad :)
So did this change again this year? Bc it changed last year to what Bob said. I’ll see if I can find the reference. It’d be super annoying if they changed it back in a year
You’re not supposed to be able to follow which cup your payment is under.

Fortunately, CMS doesn’t have employees that are as good at sleight of hand as private insurance.

You’re not supposed to be able to follow which cup your payment is under.

Fortunately, CMS doesn’t have employees that are as good at sleight of hand as private insurance.
Ha so true