COA won't cover bills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, that's great that went so well for you, akpete!

Thanks!

The loan from Chase is this one.

You'll see under the loan benefits bullet points that "No financial aid forms or school certifications are required" which is why it is non-cert and you can borrow above COA.

Just FYI, there computer system has had some bugs lately so I had to finish my app over the phone. No big deal.

Good luck!

btw, I had a cosigner.

Members don't see this ad.

The loan above is only available to certain schools even though it is uncertified.

Schools must be part of their network. Just an FYI...

The loan above is only available to certain schools even though it is uncertified.

Yup, I've come across the same thing. Will it never end? :(

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh really? Sorry. I didn't know that, and it didn't come up in my application. Didn't mean to mislead anyone.

For the person or people who have gotten the Chase loan recently, which credit bureau did they check?

My husband just had a meeting with the financial aid folks at his school to request a raise in his COA (we have had some medical bills and did not add in our moving expenses to the COA yet) and they were really helpful and had other great ideas that are going to really help us out.

Meet with those knowledgable folk first!!

For the person or people who have gotten the Chase loan recently, which credit bureau did they check?

I'm not sure. I don't think they ever told me. Lenders tend to let you know the credit bureau when you fail to get the loan.

Interestingly, my cosigner was approved by Chase, but rejected by THE for the residency/relocation loan. THE used TransUnion. However, MyRichUncle used TransUnion and approved my cosigner, though I did not take that loan.