CNA job - Long-term care facility

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fluffycookie1231

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my CNA license in July. I still have yet to get a job for it, and I worry it will reflect on my application poorly. I am applying this cycle and I have a few interviews lined up in October and January (both DO and MD).

I have been looking for a PCT/CNA job in a hospital or clinical setting but most are full time positions, which I believe I do not have time for since I am a scribe. I scribe all day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. I would like a part-time or PRN position if possible so the two careers do not interfere with each other.

I was looking into long-term care facility jobs. I found a few that are PRN. I love working with older-adults and actually am interested in pursuing geriatrics. However, I also understand a lot of long-term care facilities have poor management and I worry for that. I was a DSP/in-home care aide for 2 years, and the poor management makes me hesitant to ever return to home health.

Any advice on my situation? Should I apply to these long-term care facilities?

Members don't see this ad.

You are not obligated to list every job you've ever held on your application. You aren't required to list every credential you've ever earned. If you think something will look bad, leave it out of the work & activities section.

If you want to work, or need to work, and can fit it into your schedule, then work. List it or not, depending on what works for you.

Reactions: 1 user