clueless about getting into PA school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pumpkins90

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you can help me out. My fiance wants to apply to PA school with a 2004 possible entrance date. What kind of stats or other things are essential to getting in. I believe she has around a 3.1-3.2 gpa with a biology degree. She has also volunteered at an outreach center with a PA for about 100 hours so far. The reason i am asking is because i will be starting dental school this fall and she wants a year to improve on any areas before applying. I know some schools may be different on their stats but i just want a general average. She is looking at 2 schools in pittsburgh and one in west virginia. Sorry if this is a repititive question, but i could find any other posts on this topic.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What I would do is get a list of PA schools that this person is interested in attending, perphaps a list of your state schools(if they want to stay instate). There is a list on CASPA website I think...https://secure.caspaonline.org/

Click on the participating programs link. Now realize that not all schools are listed because not all schools have CASPA applications.

If you see the school that you want, u can either go to their website or call up for a brochure and ask for the stats of ur entering students. You can even speak to a admission's officer.

You can also find the official PA school list at www.AAPA.org. This has the most accurate information available. Also, the requirements for PA school depends on whether or not the program is for a Master's degree or a Bachelor's. If she already has a bachelor's, I suggest getting a Master's because the rumor is that all programs will be going to Master's by 2007-2008. Hope this helps!!

Members don't see this ad :)
While volunteering is good...would reccomend as much as can be done to increase patient care experience...