This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

habanah1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a 1st year CLS student and I've been pre-med since before I got into this program. I am in a program that allows me to get my CLS as an undergrad so this is my first degree. I've been wondering a lot about my GPA and whether or not any of these classes that I am currently taking count towards my science GPA. It's classes like Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Microbiology and other things. When calculating my science GPA I usually use the department as a clue as to whether or not it counts (like MATH 101, CHEM 130 and such). However my classes are designated by the department of "CLS" and so I'm wondering if these classes even count towards my science GPA? I'm stressed about it because this program is honestly very difficult and I'm looking at an overall GPA (as of last semester) of 3.49 and a science (just my regular non-cls math, physics, chem and bio) gpa of 3.6. Does anyone know anything about this stuff?

ALSO, how much do medical schools take into consideration how difficult one's major is? I mean, I would consider my major to be pretty difficult and I hope that when I apply to medical schools this will be taken into consideration. I do a lot of other extracurriculars on the side and I understand the importance of a good MCAT score. I just want to know where I stand. Please help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.